Log In Sign Up

Maxim Elliston

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To natural childbirth stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 2nd, 2008, 02:31 PM
jacksons_mom's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 902
Tuesday night was brutal....up all night with the worst Braxton Hicks in the world! I was so exhausted on Wednesday that my sister came over to take care of the girlies while I caught some sleep. Once I was able to sleep the contractions stopped, and I enjoyed the day with my sis. At about 9 o’clock on Wednesday night I started contracting again, but I still thought they were simply Braxton Hicks again and we were in for another long night followed by another long day. They were coming every 5 minutes. Nothing I could talk through but not bad at all. Ben and Jenna were convinced that I was having the baby so they called the midwife. She said to drink a glass of wine followed by lots of water. She thought maybe I was dehydrated and was contracting because of it. The wine would help to relax my muscles and if I was simply dehydrated the contractions would stop. However if I was really in labor the wine would relax my body enough to simply work its magic.

An hour later the contractions were the same. The midwife was called and she said it was probably false labor and to get some sleep. Ben and Jenna still didn’t believe it, but I was resigned to the fact that the baby just wasn’t ready yet, and went to bed.

I woke up at 1:30am and had MAJOR pain in my back. I hopped in the shower and Ben timed my contractions which were now less than 2 minutes apart. I STILL thought that it was simply Braxton Hicks, but both Jenna and Ben thought it best to call the midwife, and with that Audrey and her assistant Jaimie were on their way from Garner and Princeton. It is important that I mention that because when I actually woke at 1:30am my body was ready to push, but we all know that the midwives had a 2 hour trip ahead of them, plus the time it would take to set up the birthing tub (and I was determined to have the baby in the tub).

I really thought that Ben was going to have to catch the baby! I fought not to push even though my body was bearing down because in my stubbornness I wanted to wait for the pool...lol

At this point Gabriella woke up. She came down the stairs and crawled into bed with me as I was contracting and snuggled. It was actually pretty nice.

Finally they arrived and the pool was ready at about 4:15....I hopped in the warm water and immediately felt at ease. Audrey checked me and said the only thing standing in the way of the baby coming was that my water bag was still in tact. Jenna and Gabby sat on the couch and Ben held my head above the water. She broke my water at 4:32 and at 4:36 he was literally in my arms and well worth the wait!

I can’t even begin to tell you how nice it has been being at home. I am not saying that this is a choice that everyone should make, but definitely the right choice for me and my family. Maxim was delivered in soft light amidst people who love him and his Momma. My daughter was able to experience the magic of child birth and watch her baby brother being born! I was cared for by people I had established a relationship with, not strangers I had just met. My husband was able to do more for me than he ever had before and I was able to allow my body to do the work it was created to do.

The experience was overall majestic. I was able to immediately take a shower and clean up and hold my baby as long as I wanted. I got to give him his first bath and watch him being dressed for the first time. We were apart of him being weighed and measured. He never left my sight.

This morning there were no nurses making their rounds scurrying my baby off to wait for the pediatrician’s check up. We have been in our own home, with our own clothes, sleeping in our own comfy bed, able to do what we want when we please.
That being said, Maxim entered the world with a Warrior’s cry and a song in his heart (that he likes to share with us). He entered on March 27 at 4:36am, weighs 6lbs. 15oz (the largest of the babies so far), and measures 20.25 inches long. He has light colored hair, eyebrows and eyelashes, but looks exactly like his Daddy....down to the earlobes. He is absolutely loved and adored by all who meet him! We are so excited that we have been able to meet him and look forward to him growing and becoming the man God has intended him to be.
Reply With Quote
June 3rd, 2008, 10:45 AM
ShaunaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 2,522
Wow, what a beautiful homebirth! Congratulations to you and your family. Can't wait to see pics of little Maxim.
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0