Log In Sign Up

Just figured I would share....

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To natural childbirth stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 8th, 2008, 12:24 AM
jeromysgrl's Avatar Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 432
I had a super long labor with my son, by super long I mean 46 hours long! It all started the night of my birthday (my son and I are only 2 days apart) I kept feeling like I needed to have a BM. We went out to dinner and I kept going to the bathroom thinking I had to go, but I didnt (TMI?). Anyways, we went home and went to bed. I woke up a few hours later feeling again as if I needed to have a BM, which again I didn't, but when I wiped after the pee I had the plug on the TP. Freak out!!! All night I had contractions, they were bad but not unbearable. The next day the contractions kept up, and got worse. BUt that did not stop me from having my pedicure!! I freaked out the lady doing my pedi, but she got over it lol. So the day progressed and so did my labor, come night they were like 2-3 min apart, and were worse. I went throught the night with no sleep, and the next afternoon I called my midwife and told her I had been in labor for a LOOONNNNGGGG time. But I have a super high pain tolerence, so I was still able to just breathe throught the contractions and talk normal in between, because of this she told me that there was no way I could be far enough along to be admitted, so I waited. When I could not take it anymore, because I needed sleep so bad, I said screw it and went to the hospital. My midwife came in and I was laughing and joking between my contrations, and she said again that she more then likely would not admit me, and just send me home. While she was checking me you hear her say, hmmmmm, well that is the last thing you want to hear while in that position. Well it turns out I was a 9.5!! I was admitted right away, and they broke my water (yeah I have like super strong water bags lol) and with in min. I was fully dialated, but he was face up. So she had me sit in all kinds of different positions to get him to turn, finally after a couple of hours, I sat on the potty and that did the trick! Two pushes and that boy was out!! I was/am very proud of myself for not having the drugs, because I thought for sure I would have an epi, but even if I wanted on I did not have the time once I got to the hospital lol!! Anyways, like I said I just figured I would share my story.

Reply With Quote
August 12th, 2008, 01:19 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Depends on the day....Earth :D
Posts: 28,951
Thanks for sharing! Congrats on the boy!
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0