Log In Sign Up

Isabella's nautral birth story!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To natural childbirth stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2010, 07:18 PM
Jannell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,901
On Friday, April 30th at about 3:30 a.m. I woke up at with contractions that were uncomfortable with not really painful. I went into the living room and laid down on the couch. These contractions were about 7 to 9 minutes apart, lasting only about 30 seconds. I fell asleep for almost two hours. Then at 6:30 a.m. I called my doula just to tell her I was having contractions. After speaking with her I took a shower. DH woke up to go to work. I told him to go ahead and go in for at least a half day. I really thought I wasn’t going to go into labor that day. He did not feel okay with going in for that long so he went in for about two hours. Once he got back I ate a little bit of food. Contractions were getting a little more intense but nothing too bad. They were still about 7 to 9 minutes apart. I was really tired because I only got about four hours of sleep so I decided to try to take a bath. I bathed for about an hour (think I fell asleep for a little). I laid down in bed after this and was able to sleep for a couple hours. Once I got up from the nap contractions were more intense and closer together about 6 to 8 minutes apart. It was at this point every time I had a contraction I couldn’t sit down. That just made it worse. So each time a contraction hit I stood up and moved my hips in an eight motion around. At about 3:30 p.m. I seemed to have hit a wall so I thought maybe this isn’t it. But at about 4:15 I began to lose my mucus plug and contractions became even more intense and closer. I would say about five minutes apart lasting about 45 seconds to one minute. I knew I wanted to stay home as long as possible. I wasn’t in unbearable pain. It hurt but nothing too major. It was about an hour later were I finally got it through my head that, “OMG I’m in labor and my baby will be here soon!” lol. My contractions were about 3 to 4 minutes apart and one minute to one minute fifteen seconds long at around 6 and lost more of my mucus plug. My doula happened to call me then. DH answered and told her. She decided it was a good time to come over. When my contractions hit I could not talk through them I know that is when my DH was like Wow it is close! Right before my doula got to our house my water broke. Once she got there she suggested a shower or walk. I opted for a shower. DH and I got in and stayed in for about twenty minutes. It was after that we decide to head to the hospital. The ride there was NOT fun! Once there I had to answer a bunch of stupid questions during contractions!! ARghhh! We got to triage. I had to change into the gown and had three intense contractions on top of each other. Once I laid down I thought I had an urge to push. They ran in and checked me. I was only 5cm and 90% effaced. This was at about 7:30 p.m. They transferred me into a birthing room. 45 minutes later I was 6 cm. After that I got on the birthing ball which helped a lot with the pain. But it was still really painful I remember asking for meds a few times (although in my heart I really do not want them lol). My doula suggested getting checked before deciding to get meds. I agreed. When they checked me at about 9:30 I was already at 9 cm, 100% effaced and Isabella was at plus one. I did not want to get any meds at that point. I am not even sure if I could anyway. It was only 15 more minutes until I was at 10 and could push. I only pushed for 25 - 30 minutes and my beautiful girl was born into the world at 10:15 p.m.!! I did tear. I believe it was a second degree tear but other than that it was totally wonderful! I still can’t believe it!

Here is a couple pictures of my girl!

Reply With Quote
May 14th, 2010, 10:33 PM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Lame-o Illinois
Posts: 12,234
Good job mama! You did wonderful!

Look at all her hair! She is beautiful!
Amelia: Wife to Ryan, Mama to Harleigh, with a boy on the way
Reply With Quote
May 15th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Super Mommy
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 581
WTG mama!!! she is a doll. love that hair!
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0