Log In Sign Up

Natural Child Birth Experience :)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To natural childbirth stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 8th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4
DISCLAIMER: This is my labor story. For those of you that are currently pregnant or trying to conceive, please note that EVERY labor is different. What worked/happened/didn't work for me, may not work/not happen/work for you. Enjoy your own experience and don't be afraid of what happened with me. You will be different... one way or another.

Wednesday, March 30th, 2011, I woke up and felt a bit damp. Silly old me thought I'd peed the bed. But as I got up, more liquid began dripping down my leg. Gross? I know, haha! The more I walked, the more it gushed. I knew right then and there-- my water was breaking. I called my mom and told her the news... I called the nurse hot-line and asked them what I needed to do (because I was not contracting whatsoever when my water broke.) They told me to wait until my contractions got stronger... and then... I called the husband. I said 'Hey! You ready to be a daddy today?' and he started freaking out! 'What, what are you talking about?' I told him my water had just broke and all I heard was, 'Okay, I'm on my way!' And he was off. Where was he you might be wondering? At work-- in Columbus! So, my dad ended up coming down to sit with me while we waited for Ethan to get home. (He got home from near the Columbus Airport in 50 minutes!) We got my contractions going, grabbed our bags, and headed for the hospital.

We arrived at the hospital about noon. We got a room, they hooked us up to machines, and we were set to go. Or so we thought. 5:00 came around... and I was still only dilated 2, so they started the pitocin. Of course, the contractions started getting a bit stronger. Thank God I had some distractions (family... and the wonderful American Idol!) Although I couldn't really focus on either, haha! Well, the night continued going and March 30th soon passed. (I thought for sure that was going to be Tayler's birthday!)

At midnight, they checked me and I was still only dilated 2. Talk about frustrating! I'd went through 1 bag of pitocin.. and was still only contracting about every 6 minutes. So, they started another bag of pitocin... and told me that since I was having trouble dilating, a c-section may be in order since they like to have babies out within 24 hours of the water breaking. I was dreading a c-section, but I was exhausted and just ready to have Tayler.

As the night progressed, my contractions started getting stronger. They gave me some pain medication to ease the pain since I wasn't able to get the epidural yet and it knocked me out for awhile (thank God!) At 1AM, I knew there was a change being made in my body. Contractions were rough... and I was getting cranky (sorry family and hubby!) They checked me and told me I was FINALLY dilated 5! The nurse said, 'You can get the epidural now!' Finally! All of that talk about how relief was coming was here! But it seemed like the anastesiologist was taking forever. I remember yelling, 'Someone please help me! Get them to help me!' Ethan was asking them to get the epidural because I was losing it. I remember pulling my hair, frustrated.

At 1:15AM, they checked me again prior to giving me the epidural. And as I looked at the nurse's face.... she looked shocked. All she said was, "You're clear." I remember asking, 'What does that mean?!' And she said, 'Sweetie, you're dilated 10! You can't get the epidural...' Everyone walked out of the room. LITERALLY, hahaha! Even Ethan. They all knew this pregnant lady was probably about to lose it. But I didn't... all I said was, "WELL LETS DO THIS! LETS GET THIS BABY OUT!"

They started rushing into the room with lights and all of their equipment. I kept telling them I had the urge to push... they told me to wait. My legs were shaking trying to hold it in. (I didn't... and the waters started gushing, haha!) They finally got the stirrups up, my legs were ready, and it was time to push! I started pushing at 1:27AM. They counted me off 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10... deep breath, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10. I pushed for about an hour and finally at 2:22AM, Tayler Serenity Bay was born! She was 6lbs, 3oz and 20" long. We were in love already!

It was tough. I won't lie. It hurts. And is painful, but trust me--- it is so worth it! When women say that once your baby is laying on your belly and you see them for the first time, you forget about the pain-- YOU DO. I remember during contractions, I kept saying, 'I'm never having another baby!' And now, I would do it all over again just to see a new baby again!
Reply With Quote
June 13th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Mom to 4 girls!!
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 871
Great story but not a natural birth experience as your title states.
Quinn Olivia Born at home Jan.13th, 2011, 7:37 am 9 lbs. 12 oz

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0