Log In Sign Up

Aniyah Brielle's All Natural Water Birth

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To natural childbirth stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 19th, 2011, 11:16 AM
I now have a daughter!!!
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,758
So, on August 15th, nine days after Aniyah's due date I had appointments at the hospital for a bio physical profile, and non-stress test to make sure she was still doing well (2nd one I had to have done). After those I had an appointment with Kim where she checked me and stripped my membranes again. It was like the 5th time I had been stripped, and I had received acupuncture three times (or twice!?), also in the past too. Anyway, when Kim checked me, I was a 4, soft and 75% effaced. Aniyah was low and in perfect position. Kim offered for me to come back at 6 p.m. that night after she was done working, and she got her run in for another swiping. I gladly accepted the offer.

So, at 6:00, I met her at the ER and we snuck into a room where she swiped me. Then DH and I took the boys swimming. I wasn't having much cramping or contractions. That night I went to bed around 10:00 after one or two rounds of pumping in an attempt to get contractions going as well. I woke up at 11:30 w/ pretty consistent contractions. Started timing them at midnight, and continued to have them. I moved around and got some stuff done while timing the contractions with an App on my tablet. Using my pump again as well. Around 3:00 I woke DH up and told him he should call his mom. In a perfect world, I would have stayed home longer as I knew we weren't anywhere near "close", but the contractions were getting painful and they were 2 - 3 minutes apart. The fact that I was already dialated to a 4, and the fact that I needed to get a sitter before we could rush out also made me think I better get moving. So, I called Kim and she told me to head in. I believe it was around 4:00 by the time I was ready to go and we headed out the door. Contractions had still been consistent UNTIL I sat in the van. Then they like disappeared. I didn't have any during our drive until we pulled into the parking lot at the hospital..so like 12 minutes?! I was FURIOUS and tired of the mind games, and thinking if they were going to back-off now I was going to lose it. I have never been to L & D once in my four pregnancies, except to deliver a baby. I would have been so upset to come back home. So, when checking in, I was fine. Not in any pain and they brought the wheel chair, and acted like I was glass. UGH... I told them I could walk and was just fine.

Kim was already at the hospital. She checked me, and was shocked to find that I was already dialated to 6, but easily stretchy to an 8. However, the contractions still slowed way up. I was not pleased at all. Sooo typical. She said that I had options. She could either break my water and speed things along, or I could go home and labor there for awhile, or I could wait it out a bit. Of course, I chose to wait it out a bit... She told me to go try stairs and walking the hallway in an attempt to get the contractions closer. And that is what I did. I was so happy that I was in good shape and worked out throughout my pregnancy! I bet I did stairs at 50 - 100 times (breaking here and there, of course by going back into my room). Around 6:00 I got into bed and kind of slept until 7 or so. Kim came in and checked me again not too long afterwards, I had made more progress even with the sporadic contractions. The contractions were there, some painful, but just not consistent or close. So, I was a solid 7-8. I went back to the stairs and did more........ Kim suggested that I get in the shower and do some nipple stimulation to help bring the contractions on, so that I did too. I also called my mom and had her swing by my house to bring my breast pump to the hospital too. In the shower I had some good strong contractions. After I got out, I mentioned to Kim that I might need that tub filled soon as they were getting pretty strong. I asked if she wanted to check me and she said "um, Darcy, you don't have many numbers left".... My mom brought my pump and I hooked onto that again. That REALLY upped the ante. The official "hard labor" had begun!

At 10:45, I got into the tub. Still talking and enjoying the company around me (midwife,nurse, DH, mom & good friend) inbetween contractions. I was so impatient though, and I guess I still thought in my head the contractions were going to slow-up and disappear - ha! I told Kim a couple of times that I was getting frustrated because they ddin't seem strong enough. She told me to stand up when contractions hit.. Then one would hit, and it would be strong, and I'd joke and say "um..maybe next one"... Which I did, and getting out of the water intensified things immensely and brought them on harder. I bent over a few times to really suffer through them - ha! (That made them about 5-fold from what they were). At one point, I had DH bring my pump over to the tub when I thought they weren't coming fast or hard enough, but it wasn't long after where they were kicked into gear. Kim started timing them and told me not to worry, that they were indeed 2 minutes apart or so, and strong. I knew at one point, I would not ever need that pump again, and told DH to get that torture machine outta here...LOL... At some point, contractions became "unbearable", and I just felt like bawling. Man, you forget just how painful they are. Kim never needed to check me again, and just totally followed my lead. Knowing when my precious baby was going to arrive by watching me labor. At one point she had them wheel all the baby gear in (crib & warmer), and I remember glancing up, and thinking "there's no way we are this close already". I got a bit vocal with the contractions.. I remember saying "I hate this ****"...and "Man, I forgot how bad they get"... I also reminded my husband that he needed to get snipped Kim, DH, &, I beleive, Jessi, was putting ice cold wash cloths on my head and shoulders throughout while in the tub. That really helped out too.

I had a few contractions where I was unsure I was going to live through them....and then I felt the pressure. I decided THIS would be the birth that I would not hold back, and I would push right away. With my other births, I think I chickened out at this point and let my body do the pushing, and not trying to assist by pushing myself. So, I pushed once, and I felt a pop, and a small deflation of my belly, and there was my water. I announced my water had broke, and Kim wanted me to change positions in the water... She helped me get to the side of the tub just in time for the next one, and then with that one I pushed, and her head was out... One more push and a loud shout / groan, and she jetted into the water. Like really came flying out. Wow, what a relief! Everyone was in shock with how fast it happened. Including myself. It was totally amazing. I like totally just envisioned it as it was happening..it was so "explosive" for the best way to describe it. I, um, thought I had been split in half!

Kim placed her on my chest, but I was using my hands to elevate myself off the seat of the tub for fear of it hurting if I were to sit and put pressure on my butt. Wow... Poor Aniyah laid on me for like 30 seconds before I would touch her! Kim then took my arms and placed them on top of her, and I snapped out of the pain, and went into pure bliss........... We stayed in the water for awhile, before moving to the bed. I did have to get one stitch. Ouch, that stung a lot. Otherwise, she said I looked great.

DH was present at the birth from start to finish. My mom had got to the hospital, maybe around 5. I tried to tell her not to come and to wait at home where she insisted she wanted to come. She told me she would leave me alone and let me sleep if I needed it. I had told her when I got there I was so tired since I hadn't slept the night before... So, her and my sister were there right away in the beginning, but left for an hour for breakfast and then did go home for awhile before my mom returning. My sister had to go back to work, and ended up missing the birth by minutes. She heard my loud groan/scream as she was in the hallway trying to get into the room. And my good friend Jessi was there also from maybe around 10:30 on? She was also the one to cut Aniyah's cord... and did a fabulous job with pictures.

This labor and delivery was purely amazing. Amazing that even though I was having painful contractions, I was still able to function, and move. Heck, I was doing stairs when I was 8 centimeters dilated. Insane. I feel truly, truly blessed AGAIN that I was able to birth and bring my baby girl into the world how I envisioned. I didn't force anything, and she and my body worked together on bringing her when it was right. I was even able to fight off having to get my water broke. It couldn't have been more perfect....

Aniyah Brielle was born at 12:10 p.m on August 16 weighing 8lbs 15.8 ounces, and 21 inches long. She screamed very loudly after she was born, and wasn't quick to calm. However, she's been an angel since! She's simple to console, and is also nursing like a true champ. We have been truly, truly blessed over and over again.....

Reply With Quote
August 19th, 2011, 11:35 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Small Town, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 5,639
Sounds so beautiful. I am jealous of the water birth- that sounds so much more relaxing and like it would be less painful. I hope mine comes soon too!

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
Reply With Quote
August 19th, 2011, 01:14 PM
KristenV's Avatar Veteran
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 272
Congrats!! What a wonderful birth

Thank you AlexAiden Mommy for my siggy!

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0