Log In Sign Up

Sydney's Birth ~ March 07

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To natural childbirth stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 14th, 2008, 06:34 PM
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: My house :)
Posts: 135
Send a message via AIM to MaggL6
I had been having contractions for the previous two nights, so when I couldn't sleep with them yet again ~ I was ready for a long sleepless night. Only just reaching "full-term" I was not expecting to go into labor anytime soon! I went out to the living room to watch television so I wouldn't wake my husband when my water broke! I woke up my husband, and he asked me if I was sure I hadn't peed!
My parents drove over so my dad could watch my son, and my mom could accompany us to the hospital. My mom is an OB nurse at the hospital I was delivering at, and she insisted on checking me to make sure I was really in labor. (Although I was positive my water was broken, it was only a slight clear trickle, so I guess everyone just wanted to be sure. ) My contractions were only mildly annoying, so I figured I was still very early on. I was 4 when we left the house and 5 when we reached the hospital. I had gotten stuck with my son at 5-6 cm for eight hours, so I was expecting to stall again...but my labor progressed wonderfully.
I walked around the room a little, ate some toast, and watched television for awhile. I told the staff (whom I am familiar with due to my mom's job) not to worry about calling my mid-wife yet as I assumed it would still be a while. Luckily they didn't listen to me and called!
My labor did intensify for about the last hour. When I felt the urge to push, I told my husband that I wasn't going to do it, I was done...I was quite upset with the bemused smile he tried to hide! Of course I pushed out my sweet baby girl (born at 37 1/2 weeks.) She was pretty tiny, only 6 lbs 2 oz, but she was healthy, alert, and absolutely beautiful. My mid-wife did make it in time for me to push, but she allowed my mom to guide Sydney's head and my husband to catch her! It was a fantastic experience. (I had planned on using the a water tub available at the hospital, but in labor I didn't want anything to do with it!)
Love my hubby and kids!
Reply With Quote
January 15th, 2008, 08:56 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NH
Posts: 10,745
Sounds like an amazing birth experience! She was so small! How sweet that your mom and husband got to be so involved. So overall, how long was your labor?

Reply With Quote
January 30th, 2008, 08:01 PM
Little Mrs Sunshine
Posts: n/a
what a beautiful story! I enjoyed reading
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0