Log In Sign Up

My D&C Experience

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To D&C Experiences LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 6th, 2007, 06:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,475
I read all the posts here on this board prior to having mine and they were all so helpful, so I thought I would share my experience.

Quick background, on Tues, 2/27 I went for my 1st prenatal appoitment at where I thought I was about 10 1/2 weeks. This was my second pregnancy so I knew what to expect. The dr did a u/s first thing to see where things were and he found there was no heart beat. The size of the fetus was so small so he's guessing it stopped developing around 6 maybe 7 weeks. So he suggested the D&C to be done that week.

I went home and went right to bed. I was devestated. The next day I woke up still crying. I still felt pregnant and my body was still producing the hormones so it make it harder to deal with. I got myself together enough to go to work. I talked to a co-worker who had gone through several miscarriages, so she made me feel better. By the end of the day Wed I was scheduled for the D&C on Friday. But then on Thurs they had to reschedule me to Monday. That was hard.

By Thursday, I was over the griving part and ready to move on. I totally accepted the fact that things happen for a reason and this time it wasn't meant to be. I have a healthy 3 year old already, so I knew I was able to have a baby, just not this time. I was feeling thankful that things happened the when they did and not when I was futher along.

So Monday came, I was scheduled to go in at 12:30pm. I was very nervous because they were putting me to sleep. I had a C-Section with my daughter, so it wasn't my first OR experience, but this was different. DH got to stay with me while I was in the prep room and it was probably around 2:15 when I went into the OR. I remember going in there and being asked a few questions. The anastesioligist (sp??) gave me something to settle my stomach and then something that made me feel really woosy. The last thing I remember was moving myself from the bed to the table and then I woke up in recovery.

I barely had any cramping, but I had to go to the bathroom. I held that as long as I could and then asked the nurse if it was okay to go. By this time I was in the prep room where I started and DH was there waiting for me. He had my clothes so I got my underwear on and walked to the bathroom. I was a little out of it but not bad at all. I was nervous to see how much blood there was, and it wasn't bad at all. I wouldn't even compare it to a heavy period day. I left the hospital around 4pm and took a nap. I felt a lot better after I woke up, but I still went to bed around 9 that night.

Today I feel a lot better. Barely any cramping and the bleeding is barely there. I stocked up on heavy overnight pads, but I really don't need them. I did stay home from work to take it easy today. I'm hoping that my recovery continues to be this good. I go back to the dr's in a week.
<div align="center">~Ali~</div>

<div align="center"> </div>

<div align="center"></div>
Reply With Quote
March 11th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Melissa02909's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Kissimmee, Florida
Posts: 886
Send a message via AIM to Melissa02909 Send a message via Yahoo to Melissa02909
I am sorry you had to go through this. I can't imagine how awful it must have been inititally.


Reply With Quote
April 3rd, 2007, 12:33 AM
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 12
I just wanted to say sorry for your loss. I too, on January 10th went in for our first u/s at 9weeks only to find no heartbeat - we had a d&c done a few hours later. I didn't cramp or bleed much - hardly at all. I wanted to tell you that there is a rainbow at the end because I am now currently 8w5d - and saw a heartbeat yesterday. I have a healthy 19month at home but only after losing a pg at 24weeks. Life works in strange ways. Good luck!
Me: 36
DD - 19 months
#2 - Due November 7th, 2007
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0