Log In Sign Up


Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Miscarriage Experiences LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 11th, 2008, 01:19 PM
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 3
Send a message via AIM to dancesintherain
I had a miscarriage the day before I told my boyfriend that I was pregnant. It devistated both of us. We were not TTC since I am only 19 and he is 23. But nature will take Her course and do what she thinks is right.

I did not even know that I was pregnant for 2 months. I was occasionally spotting, nothing unusual for me. I was under a lot of stress with my parents and work and school, so I passed the spotting off as stress induced. And I did not think twice about it. About two weeks into the bleeding I threw up for the first time. Again, I chalked it up to stress (I was not eating that well also). This happened on and off for 2 months. By this time I was starting to get worried. My sister and best friend both just had their babies and I was around them all the time. I love little ones.

I was watching my God-daughter (my best friend's baby) on the 31st of July when I brought it to my best friend's attention that I maybe pregnant. I told her how I was feeling and what all was going on. She suggested that I call the doctor and make an appointment. So I did, but I was too anxious to wait till that following Tuesday. So I went to the store and got 3 tests, all of a different brand. I figured if two out of those three were the same, I figure that was the outcome. I went back to my best friend's house and took the tests. The first one: positive. The second one: positive. The third one: positive. That was it...I was pregnant. And scared.

My best friend told me that I had to tell my boyfriend Walt. He was the father and deserved to know. I agreed, but since he lived one state over, I decided to wait to tell him when I was officially diagnosed. A few days later, the 2nd, my best friend told her boyfriend that I was pregnant. But she neglected to tell him that I had not told Walt yet, so he text him immediately to congratulate him. Doh! Needless to say that I had some explaining to do. That night I called him when he was out of work and explained the situation to him. He was excited about it. A little scared, but excited.

The next morning I started cramping. I thought it was again, the stress. I called the doctor and told the nurse that I thought I was pregnant and I had some cramping. The cramping was not bad, but I was scared that it may be something with the baby. But since it was a Sunday, the office was to be closed in an hour and there was no way that I would make it there in time. She told me that everything was okay, the cramping was not strong enough to worry about. But she did say that if I was really worried to go to the hospital. I figured that everything was okay. The rest of the day was like that. Slight cramping.

At about 5am, I woke up to the sensation that I had to use the bathroom. But when I got there, I discovered that I did not have to pee. It was straight blood. Really bright red blood. I got really scared. I called my best friend to come and pick me up, that I needed to go to the hospital. I then called Walt and told him that I was on my way to the hospital. He stared to freak out. I started to freak out and cry.

Once I got to my room in the hospital, the bleeding was really bad and there was a lot of clots. The doctor did an ultrasound to confirm a pregnancy. He also did a bunch of tests. During the ultrasound, there was just a mass in my uterus. He said that was the baby, but he could not hear any heartbeat. That is the moment I knew my baby was gone. Thirty minutes later they officially said that I miscarried. I was roughly 9 weeks and 2 days. They wanted to do a D&C to get everything out, but I did not want them to. I opted to let my body take care of itself.
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0