Log In Sign Up

What to expect during a natural miscarriage

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Miscarriage Experiences LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2015, 11:43 PM
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1
I am so sorry to all the women who had to experience such an emotional thing. I was 6 weeks 2 days and miscarried today. I felt amazing all throughout. I visited my gyno on tuesday and complained to her about very light spotting. She did an internal u/s and everything checked out great. I continued to spot for the next 3 days. It was very light and would stop for hours and start again. I thought nothing of it because i had no cramping. Friday afternoon, i noticed the blood getting thicker and more period like. I started freaking out. I was experiencing cramping as well. I called my gyno who was making any excuse not to see me. She said everything was okay on tuesday and i didnt have to come in. She prescribed a progesterone without even seeing me. I did some research and realized the side effects. I called my sister who told me to call her gyno, which i did. I got an appt half hour later. As soon as i got in, my bleeding intensified. The gyno was very cold and didnt seem to care that i miscarried. I was completely devasted. i was so upset that the gyno didnt even try to comfort me as i sat there weeping hysterically. He just walked out of the room. I am speechless and can not come to terms with the fact that im no longer pregnant. My husband and i wanted this so badly and now i am afraid of getting pregnant for this very reason. I dont wish this experience on my worst enemy.
Reply With Quote
August 25th, 2015, 10:24 PM
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 1
My experiences vary quite a bit.

My first, I was 12 weeks when I went home on spring break. I had been having sharp, intense pains that worried me, but on 12 weeks I began bleeding lightly, and by the end of the night asked to go to the ER. My husband met my mom and I there and found that the gestational sac measured 7 weeks and they scheduled a d&c for a few days later. I followed up with my clinic that found no growth and applied cytotec to help get me dilating in time for the d&c.
I went home and began to cramp more and more. I took Percocet as prescribed and still found the pain intense over the next few hours. D&C was scheduled for 10, but at 6 I woke my mom and told her I couldn't wait much longer. I was on the toilet bleeding excessively and could barely move. She finally convinced me to get up and head to the hospital where I groaned and cried the whole way there every 2-3 minutes. Once we arrived, they took us in quickly and got me in a bed and got me some morphine (amazing). They had to pull clots and tissue from my cervix, but felt it was all gone. Pathology concluded I was having a partial molar pregnancy.I went home feeling okay, but after several days of continuing to pass clots and tissue, I went back and found I had a fever and tissue was still passing, so we did a d&c under general anesthesia.

Next pregnancy i started to bleed about 5 weeks, and was very nervous starting a new job whether I'd be in the middle of orientation and find myself a mess. I went to the ER and found my hcg only 40 and an empty uterus. I had mild bleeding but not pain for a week or so.

My next was at 6ish weeks, and was at home. I got up to poop and found myself in the throws of contractions, and soon the worst of it seemed over. I bled heavily for a few minutes and passed what I think was fetal tissue but was unable to examine closely. The bleeding and the pain resolved fairly quickly after that and I just wanted to rest.

This time, I am 6w2d and have known something was wrong all along. I had bloodwork last week and found my hcg rising beautifully but my progesterone low. My midwife didn't think we needed to worry about the progesterone, so I waited to figure out what to do, and tonight began cramping as we left dinner. I felt a small gush and knew I was likely bleeding, so I had my husband take the kids while I went to see that indeed I was bleeding bright red and clots, and the pain was moderate. Over the next few hours I've passed several more stringy clots and now the pain has subsided and I am only bleeding light-moderately. Hoping that is the end...
Reply With Quote
November 10th, 2015, 02:10 PM
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1
I am so grateful for discussions like this one, as I found out about 12 days ago that I miscarried. I had spotting for about 2 weeks from mid-week 5 to 7, then nothing. But of course, due to it being my first pregnancy I went to my family doctor right away. They did an ultrasound at 7w1d and the sonograher was concerned she couldn't see any trace of baby, and said I was measuring about 5w2d. The odd thing was that the day of that ultrasound, I had my Hcg levels tested and they were high, at 50,000. My doctor was concerned that the tests didn't match up so referred me to an OBgyn, and booked a second ultrasound a week later. &lt;br /&gt;<br />
It was the same sonographer, and after about 5 minutes of her silently looking at the screen, she finished and said, &amp;quot;sorry, I don't see the baby. The OB will discuss the results with you.&amp;quot;&lt;br /&gt;<br />
I went to the OB right after and after waiting 25 mins past my appointment time I finally saw the doc. He was horrible. Said, &amp;quot;so you're having a miscarriage? Ok.&amp;quot; My jaw dropped and I had said excuse me!? No one has told me anything yet. He waved his hand at me while looking at my file and said let me ask you some questions first. Got my age, my husband's age, asked if it was my first pregnancy, and then explained that miscarriages are common, nothing I could do. He was very clinical about it all as he ran through my options for a D&amp;amp;C, the medical option, or said I could wait it out naturally. I told him I would rather let it happen naturally. He gave me the prescription for the medication &amp;quot;just in case you change your mind&amp;quot;. &lt;br /&gt;<br />
I admit, after waiting almost 2 weeks (I am now/would have been in the middle of week 10) and still no sign of the miscarriage, I have contemplated using the medication more than once. I am a fitness instructor (of sorts), and am terrified of it starting while I am teaching, or just before a 6am class.. But I have to admit that even though I'm feeling impatient for it to be over, I'm a lot more at peace now, and I look forward to the closure that a natural miscarriage will give me; forcing it to happen with a D&amp;amp;C or medication might be less stressful, but I feel like I'd always be questioning, asking myself what if the doctor was wrong. I also don't feel comfortable with the fact they also prescribe a strong narcotic and antibiotics with the medication.. I just don't like taking medication of any sort if I don't have to.&lt;br /&gt;<br />
I did manage to find a naturopath who is willing to support me, and I am aware that certain herbs and accupuncture may be able to help. Unfortunately this naturopath is extremely busy and the first appointment available is still two weeks from now... So who knows what will happen between now and then. However, I reached out to 4 different naturopaths in my city and she was the only one to respond. Waiting to hear back from someone was the worst part. I felt so alone! I even asked the midwifery clinic if they had any resources, when I called to cancel my first appointment with them, and they told me no, they don't deal with things like that. I do have to say that I feel a little more prepared thanks to others sharing their experiences. Have been feeling a little off so far this week, I picked up a waterproof mattress protector, changed the sheets to ones I'm not super attached to, and have started wearing pads to bed and panty liners during the day, with pads always in my purse, just in case. I've been keeping my husband up to date on how I feel, and while family is too far away, I know I have friends nearby who know my situation and would be able to help if I needed to get to the hospital for whatever reason. &lt;br /&gt;<br />
&lt;br /&gt;<br />
Anyway. I will try to update this once I actually miscarry, but really wanted to share, in case anyone out there is in my current situation of just waiting it out. It sucks, but the doctor was right... It is common, and knowing that helps a whole lot, so I recommend talking about it to whoever you feel comfortable sharing with. You will probably be surprised about how many women you know that have miscarriage experiences. We need to support eachother however possible! &amp;lt;3

Last edited by Natnee; November 10th, 2015 at 02:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
November 21st, 2016, 03:53 AM
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1
...Wow, I've had three so far and Im 26, all of whitch were within the first to third month...I'm about 14 weeks now so just in case I was looking so if it did happen I knew what to expect being farther along, the first was at 14 standing on a street corner in vegas with friends about a month along I think and blood just began flowing down my legs and thank god I was wearing baggy black sweats, I had a bad uti at the time so I don't recall cramps but it stopped shortly after to that of a light period I recovered quickly to my party lifestyle...the second I was 17 and about three months...i got extremely skinny because i couldnt hold anything down.I remember having severe back pain so bad I could hardly get in my mans car the night before I thought I threw my back out lower back pain sharp..we got a hotel that night I woke up the next morning feeling fine, I made love to my man and when he pulled out blood gushed out so much blood and I passed a glob the size of a golf ball it was horrible...I got up and sat on the toilet crying as more blood flowed...I showered and the bleeding let up and stopped, within that afternoon it had stopped completely and I felt fine just shaken and emotionalally exhausted but I just stayed tough because I had to,my x was a drug dealer and there wasn't much time for emotions back then.
The third I don't think I was too far along but was at 23 and having the dt's ( alcohol withdrawals) I had deep aching cramps and passed a ton of clots and continued to have an extremely heavy period, whereas mine are usually 2 1/2 days and very light...
Now I live a normal life and have even been clean off of alcohol for a year and 9 months. I eat healthy and exercise but do smoke cigarettes daily tho I'm switching to herbal cigarettes next month.
I'm torn and confused as to whether even I want to go through with having this child as I am going to be a single parent but doing research on abortion ( just admitting that makes me feel terrible) and reading what goes on during the procedure I don't think I could go through with it.
From what I've read if your reading this I think it would be best to have it naturally at home rather than the disturbing procedures at the doctor's...and thank you for your posts its a difficult subject and feels good to find somewhere to talk openly about it

Last edited by Flip_Side_69; November 21st, 2016 at 03:59 AM. Reason: left something out
Reply With Quote
December 4th, 2016, 11:12 AM
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 1
First of all, I would like to express my gratitude for all you ladies who took the time to write your personal stories. They have helped me so much and for that I am forever grateful.

Like many of you, we found out our babies(twins) had no heartbeat at 8wk 3 days through vaginal ultrasound. To make sure, my OB suggested to have a blood draw that day and another one 2 days later to check my hormones. Results were not good. My hormone levels had barely increased. My OB said that twin pregnancies are usually high risk and that it would explain why I had a MC, even though my first pregnancy was healthy as can be and successful. She gave me 3 options: Expel naturally, take a pill, or have a D&C. I opted for expelling naturally as I am petrified of the alternatives. She was very supportive of that decision.

Five days after learning about my MC, I had a bit of clear liquid with a slight pink tint gushing out. I expelled a little more liquid and then nothing for 4 days after that. My OB scheduled me to have another ultrasound and see if anything was blocking the expel process. The night prior to the US, I started to bleed slightly. When I went to my US they told me everything was still there. I asked if it was safe to wait longer for the natural process. She said it was fine as long as I have no fever.

THe day after my last US I started bleeding more and more and I started passing clots. Then around 3pm I started having sight contractions in waves, about 3 minutes apart. On a labor pain scale, the worst waves were equivalent to dilating at a 3. This lasted until 6pm. I passed a pretty big clot and then the contractions subsided quite a lot, enough for me to take a nap. I woke up at 7:30pm with no contractions at all. I thought I had passed everything and all that was left was bleeding it out. NOPE! Two hours later the contractions started again. This time a bit stronger but still manageable. This went on for another 2 hours. AFter speaking with my OB in the midst of it, the contractions subsided and I was able to get some sleep. At 3am, I woke up feeling like something was coming out. I got up and before I could reach the bathroom, a big fat blob came out onto my pad. I sat on the toilet, I pulled down my pants and the big blob fell on to the floor. It was different from all the other clots. This one was brownish and grey and much bigger and harder than the other clots. I scooped it up, changed, cleaned up and then I was fine. The contractions were gone, the cramps were extremely mild, barely even noticeable, I actually almost felt like I had energy. Now I'm just bleeding like a regular period. I'm glad everything is fine now. I feel much better. This all happened last night. I never resorted to pain killers, as I feel like even though it was intense, the pain was still manageable. Drink lots of water and definitely take iron supplements with food or eat red meat if you can eat. This whole cramp/contraction ordeal lasted 12 hours on and off.

Good luck to all the mommas out there going through this. It's tough, but our bodies are designed to do whats best for us and from my perspective, I really recommend expelling naturally. That said, there is no wrong way of doing it. Trust your instinct and do right by you. Good luck and hang in there.
Reply With Quote
January 15th, 2017, 12:54 AM
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1
These posts have helped me so much. I'm so sorry for each of your losses, but thank you very much for sharing.

My husband and I weren't exactly trying but we had stopped preventing. This was our first pregnancy, He's soon to be 27 and I'm soon to be 26. I told him on Christmas Day (2016). Had our first appointment to get blood work and all that nasty poking and prodding but for a sweet cause, and scheduled our first ultrasound for January 11, 2017. At this point I was about 7.4 weeks. Went in and found out I had a blighted ovum (sac but no fetal pole/ embryo had not developed or attached). Not only had this upset me but she said the sac was abnormal in shape and very large- indicating I was most likely closer to 8 or upper 8 weeks than the lower 7 week like they originally thought and that if the embryo had attached there would have been some sever complications to baby and me- so it's a blessing in disguise that this did not work out. I cried, got angry, questioned everything, blamed my endometriosis, blamed myself for being a premature baby, my genes and all the heath issues I have/had, I asked questions and did research, I grieved, I had my range of emotions and dealing with it, all my stages of grief hit to an extent. And I know once the m/c is finished, I will most likely go through them again.

But one thing I was thankful for, the things that made it a little easier to come to terms with because (and please do not get offended- I don't mean this in any disrespect or inconsiderate to anyone's feelings, thoughts or experiences) number one being the most intense and sad yet comforting thing in such a buzzard and horrible way..
1, I felt better knowing I didn't have a body defying inside me. I would not have to pass my dead embryo/ fetus. I would be passing an empty sac that never had a chance. It sounds so awful and I hate that I don't know how else to word it to make it sound better but it's the first thing that really made it not as difficult to accept and come to terms with... as much as you can accept and be ok with losing a child.
2, Realizing it was ok for me to feel whatever I was feeling no matter how crazy or sad or whatever emotion- i was very upset thinking I was pregnant but not really and that I had no right to be emotional and attached because there was never anything to be attached to- but I WAS pregnant and I feel the loss no matter how my sensitive mind wanted to view it at the time.
3, in a slightly less sad light- were happy everything works

But now I'm haunted and tormented and freaking out like a complete looney toon basket case trainwreck..

1,scared, overwhelmed, confused, anxious, numb- I was going to miscarry. Regardless if I had something growing inside me or not I still had to expel what my body had been preparing for. My body still confused thinking its still pregnant, my symptoms never leaving.... hormonal basket case- what's normal to feel and think and should I be worried about depression and all these things just bombarding me left and right.. loss of appetite. Back pain. Stomach cramps. Dizziness. So cold from being anemic. Lethargic and fatigued. Zero energy. Headache. Arm pains. Low blood pressure and low circulation. Every single thing has made me scared and worried and so "is this normal?! Is something wrong?! Is this how it's supposed to go?! What do I do?! What do I expect?! What's going to happen?! When is this going to finish?!"
2, when? My doctor said my body would expel the contents of my uterus when it was ready which is literally whenever it feels like it. The wait is killing me. I'm having such severe anxiety and intense panic attacks. When am I finally going to miscarry? I almost want to have a d&c so I'm not waiting and never knowing when it's coming, when I should be prepared? How to be prepared... literally waiting is killing me but I'm so afraid of damage from the m/c inducing meds or the surgery and all the things that can go wrong.. but then if I don't do naturally within a certain timeframe it could be hazardous to me so again- anxiety and more waiting.

I feel like I'm drowning. I'm at peace with not meeting my little papoose yet. I know that God does things for a reason and it's some how some way somewhere down the line a blessing in disguise. And I'm ok with that. But I'm waiting. Cramping and back aching, nauseous and dizzy, hot flashing with hands and feet that are never warm, no appetite and exhausted but cannot sleep, waiting. Scared. Petrified. Exhausted. Drowning. Waiting.
But here is where you all come in. Knowing I'm not alone. Not the only one who has experience this grief, this wait, this pain, this loss- knowing an idea on what to expect in a broad variety in my situation helps. Immensely.

So thank you for sharing, thank you for listening and I am so sorry for your losses.

I am still awaiting the eminent m/c. Hopefully this passes fast. I'm ready to try again when my body and the time is right.

Peace, love, blessings, prayers, comfort and baby dust.

Last edited by cnorth415; January 15th, 2017 at 01:04 AM.
Reply With Quote
March 15th, 2017, 12:58 PM
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 1
We are 18 weeks and our baby measured 14 weeks a few days ago. I am waiting out this miscarriage while taking False Unicorn and Lobelia to help the uterus. I was pretty worked up about when and how it would happen. This thread has helped open my eyes as to what to expect. I have a D&C scheduled for a week and a half away, but really hoping to go natural before then. God has my life in His hands, and I am learning everyday to depend totally on Him.
Reply With Quote
March 18th, 2017, 02:51 PM
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 2
I don't understand the jargon. What is AF bleeding?

I kept reading it "as fu*k" bleeding. I know that's not right. :/ C'mon ladies, just say the words!
Reply With Quote
April 3rd, 2017, 08:38 AM
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 2
Originally Posted by wannagotothebeach View Post
I don't understand the jargon. What is AF bleeding?

I kept reading it "as fu*k" bleeding. I know that's not right. :/ C'mon ladies, just say the words!
AF = Aunt Flo, which is an old term for your period/menstruation. Text slang has really taken over everything haha
Reply With Quote
April 3rd, 2017, 10:34 AM
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 2
Hi ladies.

I am currently going through a natural miscarriage. I apologize ahead of time, I'm wordy and it is difficult to be brief but hopefully my detail can help someone (possibly me) through their own trial.

First I want to thank you all for your tremendous bravery in sharing your real, natural miscarriage stories. I've been all over the internet looking for something real and raw about matural miscarriage, not sugar coated and certainly not watered down. I'm so grateful for all of your stories, from angelahorn sharing several of her miscarriages, to mabelsmama updating her experiences. I have cried through them with you, sat in awe and wonder I what I was reading, emphathized and sympathized. It had mssg my own personal experience a little more tolerable. And even though I'm in pain, emotionally and physically and out feels like it's almost indescribable, I am confident there will be an end. Although it seems so far away, too far to grasp and totally out of my reach right now. So I suppose this starts my experience, if it will help anyone. If anyone can relate or learn from this experience. If it will help me self heal. There will eventually be a time when I'm okay, When the pain subsides, the bleeding is gone, AF returns and we are trying again.

I feel selfish to think of trying again, the miscarriage is still happening. This little nugget didn't stand a chance and it was SO wanted, this pregnancy was very wanted and desired. I almost feel guilty reading and wanting more. We are a blended family. I was an only child, DH came from a large family. We both had previous marriages. Me twice, him once. I had/have 5 healthy children, 2 miscarriages. He had/has 2 healthy children. I had my tubes located, snipped/burned and we wanted kids together and I had a tubal ligation reversal. We have a miraculous, rambunctious, beautiful, healthy baby boy who is now 2. We both still want a large family. And i feel terrible I'm complaining about a loss when i have SO much to be grateful for and i AM grateful for... We just were so happy with THIS pregnancy ( I miscarried also last year and had a DnC at 11 wks, 8 wks gestation).

I knew, I KNEW I should have waited to tell my job and my family until after 12 weeks, or at least after the first in appointment. But I was having the "symptoms" and it was hard to hide rushing to the bathroom for vomiting and diarrhea and using someone cover me at my desk (I work at a college in enrollment/financial aid). So I went ahead and announced it, and they were excited... no babies had been born in the department in a couple of years. This Friday was the doc appt., we didn't make it until then.

This past Thursday Mar 30, i felt cramping and saw light pink. I knew cramping was party of early pregnancy and that bleeding was sometimes ok. It could be implantation bleeding. I justified. The cramps were getting a little stronger and i noticed most of my preg "symptoms" have all but disappeared. No sore breasts, no nausea/vomiting, no diarrhea bouts, no headaches. We should have been about 8-9 weeks, again I justified that it was just "over" and I was having an easy pregnancy. Until I got home.

Cramps were stronger when I got home from work. I walked upstairs to our bathroom and the bleeding was more. I told my husband to have our older daughter watch our youngest. And head to the hospital. We went to one of our nearby hospitals, not much of a wait in the ER and then to the room. The physician on call stooped in, said his hellos, checked my heart, lungs, pressed on my belly and said he ordered an ultrasound. At this point, I had reserved myself to knowing it was a miscarriage. My poor DH was hopeful, he went through the scare of implantation bleeding fiasco with our son and thought everything was going to be okay. It wasn't. The tech came in, in the US, they generally , as a rule in the emergency room don't let us see the sonogram. Some do, most don't. They did the vaginal Ultrasound in the room, my hubby positioned himself so he could try to see. He has no idea what he was looming at . The tech was nice enough, she talked about our kids, and how she also came from a big blended family, but NOTHING on the fetus/baby, just apologies for when she switched to the bellu US and pressed hard to try to find my ovaries. No vag exam, the doc gave me a choice and I opted no, i was discharged with threatened abortion (miscarriage) rest, follow up with OB and a doc note until Tuesday.

ON got me in the next day and did another vag US. It was my first time with this OB, and while he is a little quirky, he was amazing. He apologized for the ER not showing is (I understood why, but he knew we wanted to be informed). He showed us the sonogram and step by step explained what was happening. He didn't say blighted ovum but from what i read i understood it as such. Gestational sac 7 wk + 4 but no fetus in sight, he explained it might have just been "sucked back in". He could see the yolk, the sac, everything in tact and to wait it out. Since I already had a dialation and curettage, DnC from our last miscarriage within the last year, he said to try to do it naturally, we DON'T want to "cause" issues unless absolutely necessary. Especially since we don't see the baby and if it's in there, it's only about 2cm long. He said prepare for light labor pains, bleeding, heavy period, nothing spectacular for my students to see and I could return to work next week. He was SO wrong on this one.

We left the doc office in a little higher spirits. I felt relieved almost. I'm sorry if this harms any of you who HAVE had to go through this experience and empathize. I had DnC's for my pregnancies that carried longer and had older fetuses because they were missed miscarriages and I had trouble expelling. I was devastated and felt like my body was a failure for not working, which I know now was wrong, itches to do with HcG and the body taking over for the 1st 12 weeks and then the uterus determining if it's viable when IT takes over. My body was protecting me and the babies before, and it was only a matter of time. I knew with this one I wouldn't have to look hard for a baby, i wouldn't have to bury the baby, i wouldnt have to grieve as hard or have imprinted in my brain what would have, could have. My body does know what to do, it can function and protect itself and dispose all on its own. So we prepared to wait, we didnt have to wait too long.

I was hungry, I hadn't eaten most of the day, save a few grapes and a cup of water in the morning after preparing the younger kids for school. I was worried they would schedule an immediate DnC, so I didn't want to have to wait because i had eaten. We went to Five Guys. I stood in line, ordered, and waited, got my Mr. Pibb drink. Red Hot Chili Peppers, Give it Away played in the background and I tapped my feet and mouthed along the lyrics. All seemed just slightly normal. I sat in the car with hubby, ate the fries and 1/4 the burger while he searched foe food for himself and had a horrible feeling of having to make a bowel movement. The nearest store... a Circle K. Great! I had no choice it was there or the car, there I was lightly bleeding, "going" in the bathroom and praying and crying HARD that I didn't miscarry in a gas station bathroom. I didn't and as things eased (I was lucky enough to have wipes in my purse) I ran to the car.

We picked the baby up from daycare, I stayed in the car and DH got him. I could feel the contractions increasing and quickening. I was I'm tears, I could feel slight increases in the flow but NOTHING significant, yet. I felt a popping sensation and yelled to my husband "SPEED!" Minutes later I started feeling gushes of liquid. I leaned the chair back and sobbed. I didn't want to move. My one pad I had on soaked up some of the liquid but it was quickly becoming too much. In between contractions, I called my daughter to come downstairs to get the baby out of the carseat, I wasn't going to make it. Hubby stood me up out of the car and 1, 2, 3 steps I felt everything explode. My underwear, pad, and pants were soaked with blood. Everything else I had on was lifted off as I made my way up the stairs.

I sobbed at every step. Uncontrollable sobbing and tears that never seemed to end. I just kept hearing DH say, keep going, I've got you, I'll take care of it all. I sat on the toilet and before I landed, the first huge clot fell out on the floor. I sat and cried while my insides expelled. DH undressed the bloody clothing, wiped everything up and disposed. I didn't ask him to look, he didn't look. I almost forgot this must be as distressing for him as it is for me, he is basically watching his wife hemorrhage out the remains of our pregnancy. I climbed in the shower to rinse the blood off of my thighs and legs and area. As contractions came, more clots expelled. I would sob, my husband would reach in with a baby wipe and remove it and place it... wherever he was placing them. I could hear our son trying to get to us from downstairs. The little intuitive nugget, he didn't know what was happening but he knew his mama and dada were distressed.

As things subsided, I must have spent 3 hours on the toilet, feeling like I was going in and out of consciousness, leaning on the sink. It must have been about 9 pm on Friday evening. I placed two overnight pads and laid down finally, to what I thought was going to be rest. My 2 year old came and lay with us, he wanted to nurse, I felt guilty refusing his comfort nursing but I couldn't muster the energy. My husband held him and rocked him to sleep. About 1 am, another round of contractions, stronger than the first and more clots expelled. I almost went to the ER but no heavy, heavy bleeding, no fever and no foul smell, just labor pains and clot expelling. So I took 2 Advil and hoped it would subside the pain just enough to rest again. I'm emotionally exhausted, more than labor because this is loss and physically exhausted.

At this point I don't want to move, every pain leads to cramping, every cramp leads to a clot, every clot leads to more bleeding. I stayed near the bathroom all Saturday. Sunday i began moving more normally around the house. It was refreshing to not feel confined to my room or to the bathroom. I swept a little, folded clothes, tried to do a little Sunday routine and planned to head to work on Monday. Until around 11 pm Sunday night. Right uterine or ovarian pain, so bad. More clots and pieces of bluish and purplish tissue like clots . Did I do too much? Is this the broken down placenta that people have referred to? I called out again today, I'm scared to death of bleeding so heavily at work and having to rush home anyway. I rang my boss in the morning and had to explain natural miscarriage to him. I do love my job, he was very understanding and after explaining said that i may need a few days out, to just let him know after i see my doctor. I contacted my OB office and spoke to the nurse, who is a gem. She explained it could take, sometimes, up to 3 weeks. She relayed briefly her own experience with miscarriages and every one is different. That the first "bout" of clots and bleeding may not always be the only, or the last. She convinced me that if I'm taking off work, it's best to see him now instead of waiting for our follow up on the 10th of April. So i go in today, still mild cramping and light clotting. I'm assuming to see if there are any "retained products of conception" and if everything is moving along okay. I'll update to let you know whats, when's, wheres and hows, when I find out from my OB today.

I'm still committed to natural, hopefully without complication. I'm hoping this is my bodies way of fixing itself and realigning. I will be spending a good portion of the next few months realigning my spirit also, through deep meditation and prayer. I'm a firm believer that a healthy body can't exist without a healthy mind. Peace.
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0