Log In Sign Up

Ok, I'm finally ready to post my story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Miscarriage Experiences LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 26th, 2007, 01:48 PM
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 187
I am finally ready to post my story - and I am so sorry for anyone who is reading this because obviously you are going through it too if you are reading this. My condolances to all, as I would not wish this on my worst enemy.

My m/c story goes like this.

I got a BFP 2 days prior to my expected AF. DH and I were over the moon excited as this was our first pregnancy and we were very excited to have kids. He is now 38 and I am almost 32 so it is "time" to TTC for us. Anyway, I've never seen DH more excited about anything and he immediately started construction on the nursery, etc.

Time goes by, nothing major to report. At around 8 weeks, I noticed some mild spotting and everyone told me not to worry about it (including my doctor). I went in for an u/s and the baby had a strong heartbeat, and everything looked perfectly normal. I was so relieved! The next day, I had horrible cramping and continual spotting/bleeding and I just KNEW something had gone wrong. My DH thought I was crazy, kept saying we just had a perfect u/s the day before. But, a mom knows, I guess. The following day, I had yet more cramping and insisted on getting another u/s from my doc. Sure as can be, the night before Thanksgiving, we found out the horrible news that the baby's heart had stopped beating. It was the single worst moment of my entire life - hearing those words. I wish we had never known that the baby had a heartbeat in the first place because now I live my life knowing that our baby was alive and then it died for no explainable reason. My baby died. That is just what I replay over and over.

So that left us with the night before Thanksgiving, and of course every doctor's office is closed for the holidays. I can't get in for a D&C until the following week - a week after hearing the news! I preferred a D&C, wanted to get it over with.

But, my body apparently did not agree. The night before the scheduled d&C (a week after finding out the h/b was gone) I felt bad cramping at around 5 PM with bleeding. By around 11 PM, I was in sheer and utter agony. This lasted until around 4:00 AM and it was the worst pain I've ever experienced (and I am thick skinned when it comes to pain). I couldn't get comfortable no matter what position I put myself in and the bleeding just continued. I was passing small blood clots, but lots of them, but no tissue that I could notice. I eventually called the doctor at around 3:30 am and she told me to take 3 Advil and lie down. She told me to come to the hospital as scheduled for my d&c and they would do an u/s. The Advil worked very well and helped a lot! Thankfully!

Anyway, I got to the hospital to learn that the baby had passed at some point in the agonizing hours. I didn't need the d&c and I was sent home to rest and take pain pills. I really didn't need them, though. Once the baby passed, it was amazing the relief I felt physically! Turns out, the baby actually came out a few days later. I went to the bathroom and a shrivelled up sack the size of a small cucumber was in the toilet, flesh colored and a little bloody. So, I am sure that is what it was. I did not try and save it.

I bled for about 9 days post m/c and it gradually tapered off in how heavy it was. I got my period 28 days exactly after the m/c.

So, that's my story. It was horrible, but it is what it is and you will get through it! My best advice is to try not to be alone when it is going on because it is very, very painful, both physically and emotionally! It helps to have a support system.
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0