Fast Food

Forum: Natural Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree22Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 24th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Do you think fast food should be banned?
chloema1 likes this.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

January 24th, 2012, 11:15 AM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
sort of ~ I wish the types of fast food out there now were banned and they'd offer healthy foods instead!

It'd be super nice to be able to go out and get paleo foods - grass fed meat that doesn't have nightshades added to it for seasoning, or a salad without cheese and tomatoes (there ARE other vegetables out there!!) with dressing that isn't made with soybean oil, high fructose corn syrup, artificial colors/flavors/preservatives . . . some restaurants are *so close* it's just that the foods they serve come already seasoned from their suppliers . . . they can truthfully say they don't add anything to them, but that doesn't mean it came additive-free in the first place. Or you think you're getting something healthy, like a pecan-apple salad - you can order it without cheese, but then you get the pecan topping package, and the pecans are pre-coated with cayenne pepper and HCFS. so you're left with lettuce and apples. And paid $7+ for that.
chloema1 likes this.
January 24th, 2012, 11:21 AM
There are more and more Raw restaurants popping up, there are a cpl around here I'd LOVE to go to!
chloema1 likes this.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

January 24th, 2012, 11:23 AM
oh man, I WISH we had that here!! We live in a very "traditional" area. Meat, bread, and potatoes. People need to realize there are other things to eat!
chloema1 likes this.
January 24th, 2012, 11:25 AM
OMG the zucchini cakes were a HIT last night!!
chloema1 likes this.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

January 24th, 2012, 11:27 AM
recipe?? is it paleo?
chloema1 likes this.
January 24th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Almost paleo It did have a small amt of cheese and flour in it to keep it sticking together. The paleo recipe I was going to use was just zuchinni, onion and egg, I didn't see how that would form "patties" but now I know that it's during the frying of them that they'd stick together so I'm going to do the paleo one next time.
chloema1 likes this.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

January 24th, 2012, 11:30 AM
sounds great!! I should have that for lunch
chloema1 likes this.
March 23rd, 2012, 10:34 AM
Nikki18TTC's Avatar :) TTC!
Send a message via Yahoo to Nikki18TTC Send a message via Skype™ to Nikki18TTC
Fast food banned? No. But I do think they should start making healthier fast food places!
chloema1 likes this.
March 26th, 2012, 02:54 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
No, it's no different than candy or sugar. It's not necessary but can be enjoyed in moderation.
chloema1 likes this.
March 27th, 2012, 04:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
No, I dont think its up to society as a whole to moderate someone's diet.

We have a pretty healthy diet in my household, but once in a while (say, once a month) we order pizza, but because we eat healthy the rest of the time its okay.

Also, fast food dosent always mean junk food, in Australia we have a lot of healthy fast food options. Im a big lover of Sumo Salad and Healthy Habits stores.
chloema1 likes this.
March 29th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magz88 View Post
No, it's no different than candy or sugar. It's not necessary but can be enjoyed in moderation.

now this, I highly disagree with . . . unless the sugar is NOT a highly processed sugar . . . and the candy has to be 100% natural, no crap in it. When you do a strict paleo diet for long enough, you just cannot eat processed sugars/candy without getting sick. BTDT, and I'm DONE with that.
chloema1 likes this.
November 22nd, 2012, 10:42 PM
I am non a big fan of fast food,because i am quite health conscious person.I like fast food but i avoid it as much as i can,because of health injuries,Fast food direct impact on our health,rising weight/fat issues and high calories dramatically.
chloema1 likes this.
December 3rd, 2012, 10:14 PM
Well I also think they shouldn't banned. There need some serious steps towards their preparing. You can't banned them because they are need of many people especially working class. It is also reality that today's fast foods are not healthier for health. I like home made foods or fresh foods.
chloema1 likes this.
December 4th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Veteran
I dont think they should be banned either. Yeah, definitely, we can say fast food is unhealthy, however, a treat for yourself once in a while isn't bad.
chloema1 likes this.
January 2nd, 2013, 12:50 AM
Many people like to eat fast food and don't prefer vegetables so i think fast food should not be banned. It will be people's choice to eat fast food or not.
chloema1 likes this.

Last edited by Stefen; May 15th, 2013 at 11:38 AM.
July 6th, 2014, 08:46 AM
chloema1 likes this.
August 19th, 2014, 07:40 PM
Regular
Yes... well sort of. Certain places like Panera Bread & Chipotle are considered "fast food", while I don't necessarily consider them to be if more places were like these two and giving people more slightly healthier options Americans would be on a better road to better health then I would say "no".
chloema1 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search