Log In Sign Up

Giving Birth

Forum: The Mommy Lounge


Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 9th, 2006, 04:32 PM
Nina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 12,739
Send a message via AIM to Nina
<span style="font-family:Times New Roman">
Did you have an easy labor and delivery?


Reply With Quote
August 9th, 2006, 10:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,746
The labor and delivery part was bearable. Jas was born perfectly healthy after about an hour of pushing.
It was afterwards that sucked. I lost conciousness due to loss of blood. They woke me up to say they were putting me to sleep so they could do a D&C (the umbilical cord had detached from the placenta). I found out afterwards I'm lucky to still be able to have children. Terrified of that happening again though.

On the bright side - I was asleep when they stitched me. And I had a lot of em.

Reply With Quote
August 9th, 2006, 10:55 PM
dawnk777's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: WI
Posts: 1,571
Sarah was born 3 weeks and 6 days early. My water broke, and I started to go into labor, but never got very far and I think I'd still be waiting for that cervix to dilate. He wanted to put in the internal monitors, but I never even opened enough for him to do that! So, water broke around midnight and she was born, by c-section, about 8:18pm, on 8-4-89. Her Apgars were 9/9. She went home with me 4 days later.

The only problem Sarah had, was some jaundice, since she was a month early. Also, as the year progressed, the developmental stages were about a month later, or so. She sat well at 7 months instead of 6. didn't crawl until a year and walked at 13-1/2 months. Nothing horribly out of the ordinary. I really thought it was a bonus that I got out of being pregnant for one more month! She is quite fine now, an A student and growing up quickly, now!

With Emily, my water broke about 6am, got to the hospital, after we'd dressed, and gotten Sarah to the sitter. Labor started like gangbusters! My nurse took my temp, before she went to lunch. Someone checked it, while she was at lunch. It was 102.7! Holy cow! I'd also made it to 5 cm and the doc had also inserted the internal monitors, by this point (no picnic, let met tell you!) However, with the fever and despite being on Pit, I made no further progress. I was also pretty tried. I didn't know where the strength to push was going to come from. So, late afternoon, we decide to go ahead with the second c-section. Bleah. I was trying for a VBAC. After we decided to go ahead with the section, I made them move my IV. It had been uncomfortable all day. While the anesthesiologist moved my IV, I remember my doctor standing there, with furrows in his forehead. It made me wonder if he wanted to get in there and get that baby out!

Emily's apgars were only 2/7. She was rather blue, at first. She ended up spending one night in the NICU (at 38 weeks and 8 pounds 1 oz!). She had a heart murmur for a little while. One of the holes in her heart didn't close as quickly as it should've, although by 2 months she was fine. Emily and I both ended up getting a few days of antibiotics, from the infection I'd gotten, after my water broke. She was born on a Monday, and we stayed at the hospital until Friday. Emily had an IV in for the meds, but when that went bad, my nurse had to give her shots. poor thing. Oh well, she is fine now!

Addendum to Emily's birth story: When they did my c-section, it turned out she was posterior, or face-up, instead of face-down, and she had the cord around her neck three times. The doctor said I would have never gotten her out! Yikes!
~*Mom to Sarah, 22 and Emily, 20*~

Reply With Quote
August 10th, 2006, 07:58 AM
Sassy5d's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,544
Thinking back.. Knowing what I know.. yes, both kids were easy labor and delivery.
I've never had extrordinary measures.. I've never had a nicu baby.
1st baby was episi baby.. 2nd baby was slight tear(different direction thou)

Now if you would have asked me at the time or right afterwards.. I could give you the novel of sobbing horrific tales... But now that its been a year for 1 and 7 for the other... That's the honest truth..

Morgan was 42+ wks and Matthew was 35 wks.

[i]Like to Write? Want to get Paid/Published? Come join me![/b][/url]
Reply With Quote
August 10th, 2006, 08:26 AM
** Mandy **
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 24,284
Not really. It wasn't the most difficult I have heard of but I did push for three hours and they ended up having to use a Kiwi (suction) to get her out because for an hour her head was right here but wouln't come out. I also had to be put pretty bad (level of 4). But, I know it could have been worse. At least I had drugs. Hehe!

Reply With Quote
August 10th, 2006, 12:49 PM
bebe-v-j's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,321
I had a great labor but the delivery was another story! I had to push for 2 1/2 hours non stop because her head was stuck on the pelvic bone & I kept passing out from the pain. They had me doing squats & everything they could think of to get her down. I didn't get an epidural so I felt everything. Overall though it wasn't horrible - I went in the hospital at 9pm and had her at 3:21 am so 6 hours was great for a first birth! (Plus she was well worth it all! )
Reply With Quote
August 10th, 2006, 07:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 6,869
With my first one labor was terrible because I had to be induced with pitocin, but I did get the epidural. I had a c-section, so the birth wasnt hard. I did pretty good afterwards too. with the second one I had a planned c-section so there was no labor and the birth was easy. but I had a hard time afterwards.I lost too much blood and had to have a blood transfusion. I had a fever and they wouldnt let me go home home until it went away, which was 7 days. I also developed asthma in pregnancy and couldnt stop coughing. I busted out four of my staples the first day because of the coughing. so it was rough afterwards.
Reply With Quote
August 10th, 2006, 08:26 PM
andrewsmommyNdrubieswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: May 2006
Location: sodus michigan
Posts: 1,607
Send a message via Yahoo to andrewsmommyNdrubieswife
my labor was good....they had to stop the epidural but it was good...

Reply With Quote
August 21st, 2006, 09:06 AM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Lonestar State
Posts: 50,214
Yep... planned c-section due to medical complications. The recovery was HORRIBLE, though!
Reply With Quote
August 21st, 2006, 07:54 PM
Posts: n/a
All 3 were short and easy.
Reply With Quote
August 22nd, 2006, 11:31 PM
4wildflowers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Northern Nevada
Posts: 3,175
Send a message via Yahoo to 4wildflowers
My first was the hardest. I was induced, had 30 hours of back labor, then ended up with a c-section..... where I felt everything.

My second was a planned C, very easy and no complications.

My third was also a planned C, and the delivery went perfectly. The events leading to her birth were a little scary. She had to come a week earlier than planned, but everything turned out okay.

My kids.....
Jake 13
Shane 9
Brynne 6
Claire 4

Reply With Quote
August 27th, 2006, 02:19 PM
cheesecake's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 45,727
Easy! It was the pregnancy that was horrible!

Sherilyn ~ Mama to Jade & Colt
Reply With Quote
August 27th, 2006, 08:51 PM
Posts: n/a
With the twins I did.

With Dawson, hubby and I went to his parents for a movie night. We got home around 11:30. I woke up at 1am to go pee, sat down and my water broke. Went to the hospital and by 6am I started pushing. I pushed til 8:30 and they prepped me for a c-section since his heartrate was dropping and he was just not moving at all. He had the biggest conehead I'd ever seen when he was born LOL Half his head was bruised too

Hannah was supposed to be a VBAC and then the day before my due date my ob noticed she had changed to brow presentation (you could feel her nose instead of the top of her head) so we scheduled a c-section. I was supposed to be at the hospital at 5am on December 5th. Instead I woke up around 2am. Went to the bathroom, lost my plug and started contracting every 2-3 minutes. Got to the hospital after 3 since we had to wait for someone to come watch our son. I had already been trying not to push by that time. I was fully dialated when we got there. I remember the nurse saying "I can't find her cervix" Nice thing to hear huh? LOL I had them all rushing around trying to get my antibiotics in me since I was GBS+ and they actually cut my shirt off of me to get my iv lines in. I had to put on an oxygen mask since Hannah wasn't getting enough oxygen. They ended up giving me a shot to help stop the contractions because I was contracting too fast and they couldn't get the epidural in that my ob wanted in. Ended up giving it to me while I was lying on my side and I wasn't even numb when they rolled me into the OR. By the time I went numb one whole side of my body was numb because she aimed a little higher then she wanted. Which freaked me out. Hannah was was so jammed in there that they ended up using the vacuum to pull her out. You can actually hear the "pop" on the video that we recorded lol. Her hospital pics were absolutely HORRIBLE though because her face was still red and swollen from all the pressure. My ob told me that if I had waited any longer to get to the hospital my uterus would have ruptured before they got her out. There was too much pressure on my c section scar, which is why it hurt like 10 times more then Dawson's. I thought I was going to die. Poor hubby actually got sick and had to leave the room at one point because everyone was so frantic. Scared the heck out of me.

With the twins, I went into preterm labor at 33.1 weeks. I stayed in the hospital for a few days and managed to get them to let me go home on bedrest. I was on bedrest til 36 weeks. Twins were born at 37.1 weeks. Managed to hold them off for four weeks which was pretty good. OB said I would have went anytime on my own though. I was 5cm+ when he checked me the day before and I guess I was contracting in the hospital, which I never really noticed since I had been contracting off and on for the whole 4 weeks. LOL Their c-section was scheduled and it was really easy. I had a spinal and got to walk to the OR. which was nice. I wish the others had been like that. Although I would have taken a vaginal over a c-section any day.
Reply With Quote
August 28th, 2006, 07:15 AM
jordan's mommie
Posts: n/a
My labor and delivery was pretty smooth going. I mean besides all of the pain and uncomfortableness. I went in on May 26, 2006 at 5 am, was induced at 7:30 am, and had Jordan at 4:33 pm. The labor was rather easy until it came down to having to push him out. I pushed for about an hour b/c someone decided he didn't want to be evicted (my little goof ball.) The doctor had used the towel method on me b/c I was getting tired of pushing. And he would get frustrated with me everytime I yelled. But in the end, it was all worth it for him. Considering I am 5' and he was 9 lbs and 3 oz and 20 1/4 inches, I think I did a dang good job I wouldn't give him up for the world.
Reply With Quote
August 31st, 2006, 12:51 PM
JNB1111's Avatar Member
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Yardville, NJ
Posts: 48
Send a message via AIM to JNB1111
I didn't! I was 5 days overdue not even dilating, baby didn't even drop, he just didn't want to come out. I had to be induced cervidil and pitocin. I was in so much pain. I even had an epidural and nubain...I was knocked out for 6 hours off and on from the meds, then I had an hour and a half of really strong contractions. They thought they might have to do a c-section, but they told me just try pushing so I pushed for another hour and a half and then they had to cut me twice and then out came my little boy....it was rough but Im happy he was healthy!
Aidan Skylar
June 22, 2006
7lbs 8oz
19 1/2" long

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0