Creation Museum trip

Forum: Atheist and Agnostic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Atheist and Agnostic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 28th, 2009, 01:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Aren't the Duggars homeschooled? If any of them go further in their education it will be a shock that what their parents teach as facts aren't, I mean specifically about this topic. I can't imagine at least one won't look for answers beyond what they have been taught.

Owen, Avery, Samantha and forever missing Jake born still 08/01/99.

September 28th, 2009, 10:17 PM
Zanahoria's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Honestly, I can't see any of them going to college. All the girls are brought up to be housewives and so far the only boy to leave the nest is selling cars, and didn't the dad give him that gig? I can't honestly see any reason for the parents to encourage those kids to go to college because it would blow their little religion bubble right open and I'm sure they know that. However, there are creationists out there who have had higher education and they STILL believe the earth is 5000 years old and yadda yadda yadda, so maybe if you drum false info into kids' heads enough, they can go on to believe the nonsense even in the face of solid evidence to the contrary. Those people I just don't get.
September 29th, 2009, 04:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah get them used to and reciting the gospel when they are young and don't understand so they just continue it when they are older and don't think to question. So i am assuming the Duggar kids don't have friends that aren't the same mind set? Wow being breed and taught to be a housewife, nothing wrong with that if it is a choice but doesn't sound like that is the case.
I am reading the blog that smt posted and I can't help but wonder if they know, the people in charge of the 'museum', it's all lies.

Owen, Avery, Samantha and forever missing Jake born still 08/01/99.

May 30th, 2018, 01:38 AM
Aletheia's Avatar Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by melkissa2004 View Post
The New York Times > Log In
Too funny. Seems like it would be interesting to visit though!
The less funny part is the massive government funding they got via claiming that the museum would bring jobs into the local area. (It didn't.)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search