Creation Museum trip

Forum: Atheist and Agnostic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Atheist and Agnostic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 3rd, 2009, 09:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
The New York Times > Log In
Too funny. Seems like it would be interesting to visit though!

July 3rd, 2009, 09:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hmmmm dinosaurs on noah's ark and then they magically disappear. Yikes is all I can say.

Owen, Avery, Samantha and forever missing Jake born still 08/01/99.

July 6th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Carmela's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That place is up near where my sister lives. She is a Christian and at one point wanted me to go see it with her. I saw a little bit about the dinosaur stuff on Religulous and when I described it to her even she admitted it was ridiculous. I just had to email her that link.

July 7th, 2009, 05:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope she enjoys reading it!

July 7th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Zanahoria's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
“I’m speechless,” said Derek E.G. Briggs, director of the Peabody Museum of Natural History at Yale, who walked around with crossed arms and a grimace. “It’s rather scary.”
I agree!

Quote:
Dr. Bengtson noted that to explain how the few species aboard the ark could have diversified to the multitude of animals alive today in only a few thousand years, the museum said simply, “God provided organisms with special tools to change rapidly.”

“Thus in one sentence they admit that evolution is real,” Dr. Bengtson said, “and that they have to invoke magic to explain how it works.”
And isn't that typical... the old "god did it" arguement with ZERO factual evidence to back the claim.

I want to know, if god is real and can do such miraculous things, why did he make people SO FRIGGIN STUPID?!?!?!
July 9th, 2009, 08:20 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
Quote:
I want to know, if god is real and can do such miraculous things, why did he make people SO FRIGGIN STUPID?!?!?!
well SOME people so friggen stupid lmao!!!

yeah that would be one interesting trip....i was watching a show i forget what it was i think it was a comedian....said something about this about how if you believe that you must think that the flinestones is a documentary lmao

Kristy, wife to Karl 6.16.01, Mom to Raianna 12.7.00, Elyse 12.3.02 and Helena 7.20.07, step-mom to Frankie 7.3.97 and step-grandma to October 3.9.15

July 9th, 2009, 01:48 PM
ROFL @ the flintstones comment
July 9th, 2009, 01:51 PM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
yeah it was funny i think it was carlos mencia who said it i'd have to look it up it was friggen hillarious

Kristy, wife to Karl 6.16.01, Mom to Raianna 12.7.00, Elyse 12.3.02 and Helena 7.20.07, step-mom to Frankie 7.3.97 and step-grandma to October 3.9.15

July 13th, 2009, 06:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
LOL that is funny.

July 13th, 2009, 09:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
No but I watched. I wasn't touching that one with a 10 foot pole.

September 14th, 2009, 11:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I live altogether too close to this thing. I was tempted to go check it out when I first heard about it but they charge like $22 bucks to get in and I do NOT want to give them my money.

They have a planetarium too... I wonder what that is like...

Thanks Ryan and Alex's mommy for the siggy!

September 15th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Instead of stars, they project a giant face with white hair and a long flowing beard!
September 15th, 2009, 08:52 PM
Devan'sMama's Avatar ♥Devan's Mama♥
It's funny but scary at the same time. The idea of a museum teaching all sorts of assumptions as "fact" is pretty scary to me, especially with the amount of people out there who will believe anything that they hear without giving any thought to it. It really shocked me to see that some Christian who went to visit the museum stated that schools should teach the crap that this museum is spreading!!! I don't blame the paleontologists for being pissed that their work is totally being discounted.
September 16th, 2009, 06:57 AM
Mega Super Daddy
I don't know if anyone here follows the science blog Pharyngula, but they did a big trip to the museum last month with 285 science students. You can read about it here:

The Creation "Museum"

It's the next best thing to being there!
September 18th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Devan'sMama's Avatar ♥Devan's Mama♥
Wow, that science blog tells a lot. Interesting reading.
September 25th, 2009, 05:37 PM
There was an episode of '18 kids and counting' where they visited the "museum" they showed quite a bit of what's inside. I was definitely hilarious! But totally scary, considering the Duggar's were teaching there children that it was real.
September 26th, 2009, 11:06 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
sounds creepy to me!!!

September 28th, 2009, 08:11 AM
Mega Super Daddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticklemegreen View Post
There was an episode of '18 kids and counting' where they visited the "museum" they showed quite a bit of what's inside. I was definitely hilarious! But totally scary, considering the Duggar's were teaching there children that it was real.
One of the good things is that what they teach is so patently false that some of the kids, given a chance at a good education, may be able to break free of the nonsense.
September 28th, 2009, 10:32 AM
The Duggars, heh. I admit I watch their show, but only because it's like a bad trainwreck that you can't look away from. What I find really sad about them is that statistically, one of the kids is gay. Hello ostracism and conditioned self loathing! Hope their religion allows therapy 'cause some of those kids are gonna need it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search