TMI, yeast infection treatment options during 2ww?

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Lucy S.
  • 1 Post By ladyluck87

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 21st, 2013, 07:03 PM
Super Mommy
I think i am getting a yeast infection. What is a safe way to treat it while in the 2ww? I don't like the idea of using over tje counter meds that have chemicals but on the same token, the itch/burn is driving me crazy!

Mama to two beautiful babies Nathan (7/14) and Piper (9/15) and a surprise due February 2017!

3/28/13- 6 weeks
June 21st, 2013, 07:08 PM
peaches84's Avatar Super Mommy
I have heard that unsweetened yogurt can help, don't take garlic supplements (it's a natural antibiotic) that's what I did and I believe it may have caused my miscarriage.

6/15/13
June 21st, 2013, 10:45 PM
2015 Offshoremama78's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Here is a site for PG safe YI treatment..Yeast Infections During Pregnancy | American Pregnancy Association

Alexander Cameron Murphy
02/27/2014 - 02/27/2014
June 21st, 2013, 10:57 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
Also get on a probitotic! It won;t cure the infection but will help you not get them!
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

June 22nd, 2013, 03:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I use garlic to treat YI (it works great btw) but since the pp said she thinks it might have caused a m/c I would maybe steer clear of that during the tww. You could always call your doc.

June 22nd, 2013, 08:43 AM
tiffany&co.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I used to get yeast infections a LOT. Once I read that the best thing to prevent and treat yeast infections is air. Since it thrives on dark moist areas, the air really helps a lot. So after reading that, I would lay out naked with my legs spread for 15 minutes after a shower. I haven't had a yeast infection since then! (Don't know if this is helpful or not but thought I would share!)

June 22nd, 2013, 08:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think you have been given good advice. Just wanted to throw out there though that in my past two pregnancies I had YI in the 2ww and it was a pregnancy symptom.
June 22nd, 2013, 10:38 AM
Super Mommy
Hahaha thanks ladies, hopefully it is a symptom since i never get them! But I have yogurt and am gonna give it a go! Definitely NOT what I was planning for when Iplanned out our weekend! But hey, maybe DH will be very grateful for the lay out naked advice!

Mama to two beautiful babies Nathan (7/14) and Piper (9/15) and a surprise due February 2017!

3/28/13- 6 weeks
June 22nd, 2013, 01:41 PM
Faith=2xBlessed's Avatar PrettyCrispy Scrunchy Mom
I had a bad one after bding so much my last cycle before I got my bfp and I used equate brand vaginal cream that you insert it made it go away completely! Good luck!!
June 22nd, 2013, 02:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I used to get yeast infections like every 4 days with my first pregnancy, I used Monistat every time! I was always told OTC yeast infections medication was ok

Mama to my little men Brendan and PJ

Brendan Collin 11/03/08
Peyton James 07/11/11

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search