EVENTFUL NIGHT FOR ME!!

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 2nd, 2005, 08:44 AM
Katlynsmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Katlynsmommy Send a message via MSN to Katlynsmommy Send a message via Yahoo to Katlynsmommy
WELL YESTERDAY I FELT OK JUST A BIT TIRED.AFTER I PICKED UP KATLYN FROM SCHOOL.SHE WAS TELLIN ME THAT HER NECK WAS HOT AND WHEN SHE MOVED HER HEAD IT WAS HURTING HER.I FIGURED THAT SHE WAS JUST DOING THAT SO SHE DIDNT HAVE TO DO HER HOMEWORK.SO WE GET HOME AND SHE STARTS TO BECOME LETHARGIC,NOT WANTING TO MOVE OR DO ANYTHING BUT LAY DOWN.SO I SAID OK GO LAY DOWN FOR A FEW MINUTES REST AND WE NEED TO GET THIS HOMEWORK DONE.I GO TO HER ROOM 20 MINS LATER AND SHE WAS OUT COLD HER CHEEKS WERE RED,SHE WAS SWEATY SHE WAS BURING UP! OMG I BURNED MY HAND PUTTING IT CLOSE TO HER! I TOOK HER TEMP IT WAS 101.9 WOKE HER UP GAVE HER MOTRIN THINKIN SHE WILL BE OK ABOUT 2 HRS LATER I TAKE HER TEMP AGAIN IT WAS AT 102.6! OMG I AM FREAKING WORRIED NOW.I CALL HER DR B/C I COULDNT GET HER TO SIT UP OR MOVE OR ANYTHING.THIS WAS SOO SUDDEN!!HE TOLD ME TO PUT HER IN A COOL BATH AND TAKE ALCOHOL AND RUB IT ON HER BODY (NO NOT DRINKIN ALCOHOL LOL) SO I DID THAT BUT HE TOLD ME TO GET IN WITH HER AND HOLD HER UP.SO I DID. GOD I HATE WARM/COLD WATER LOL ANYWAYS SO I DID EVERYTHING HE TOLD ME TO DO THE FEVER STILL WOULDN'T GO DOWN.SO HE SAID IF IT GETS ANY HIGHER TAKE HER TO THE ER. AROUND 10PM LAST NITE SHE WAS STILL HOT SO I GAVE HER ANOTHER DOSE OF MOTRIN.FINALLY AROUND 3AM THE FEVER BROKE! BUT DID SHE WANT TO GO BACK TO BED! NO WAY! SHE HAD TO STAY UP AND LAY WITH ME.WHICH I DIDNT MIND BUT OMG AM I FEELING IT TODAY.I TOOK HER TO THE DR AT 8AM,AND DID A STREP TEST YUCK! AND ALL THE OTHER GOOD NON INVASIVE THINGS LOL.APPARENTLY SHE HAS A SLIGHT CASE OF STREP,AND A BAD FLU BUG LIKE I HAD ROLLED INTO ONE.NOW THE KICKER,I HAVE TO BE VERY CAREFUL WITH HER B/C SHE HAS SVT(HEART CONDITION) AND IF HER HEART RATE GOES OVR A CERTAIN AMT OF BPM SHE HAS TO BE TAKEN TO THE ER AND WATCHED.AND WITH A FEVER THE HEART RACES.SO EVERY 20 MINS I AM CHECKIN HER BPM.ANYWHO NOW SHE IS RESTING SOUNDLY AND I AM HERE NOT RESTING TIRED,CRAMPY,MOODY,IRRITATED OK THERE IS MY EVENTFUL NITE/DAY SO FAR.
September 2nd, 2005, 08:52 AM
3xthelove's Avatar Super Mommy
to you and to katylyn....I'm so sorry she is feeling so bad...first I would like to say what a good mommy you are for taking such good care of her
I'm glad it wasnt more than strep but I'm worried about her heart ...that would so stressful to worry about...poor mommy and katlyn!!!
I'm sending her some get well dust.............
and you some get some rest dust..................

I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers!

September 2nd, 2005, 08:55 AM
Katlynsmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Katlynsmommy Send a message via MSN to Katlynsmommy Send a message via Yahoo to Katlynsmommy
September 2nd, 2005, 09:01 AM
DreamChaser's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Big to Katlyn and her mommy. Poor sweetie - I hope she fells better soon (strep is no nasty - I had my share of attacks as a kid). Hope doctor mom feels better too.
September 2nd, 2005, 09:29 AM
LouLouMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Feel better soon girls

Angel~9/12/05~with us for 5 weeks</span></span></span>
September 2nd, 2005, 09:37 AM
KitKat
Big !!!!

I hope she feels better soon.... and you need to get some rest!!!

Just go lay down on the bed next to her and that way, if she needs something... you are right there!
September 2nd, 2005, 11:10 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I"m so sorry that she was sick. I hope she gets to feeling better soon!!

I will be thinking of you guys!!!

Angie

=May '05 and '11

September 2nd, 2005, 11:19 AM
sanderson76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to sanderson76
I hope that she gets to feeling better soon, it's always so hard when our little ones are sick

MY BLOG

September 13th, 2005, 03:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
wow. Are they sure it is strep? Beause those sound like symptoms of menengitis as well... I hope it is just strep, and that she is feeling better soon

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search