Log In Sign Up

Aliliana Kenadee's Birth

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 2nd, 2007, 08:55 AM
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 25
On December 23rd I woke up about 2 am with sharp cramping in my lower back, it only last about 5-10 seconds and I laid there waiting to see if it would happen again and it didn't, so I went back to sleep. When I got up again around 5am I had the same sharp cramping in the same location and again only lasted maybe 5 or 10 seconds. So I got up for the day and started cleaning. Every few hours I would get the same contractions and it would last about the same time. I tried to take it easy for the rest of the day because we had a huge Christmas eve schedule with family visits and stuff. I went to bed about 10:30 right after another episode of cramping. I told Jacob and he said that we would see how things went in the morning. Well again I was woken up in the middle of the night about 3am or so, same sanerio, 5-10 seconds. I thought initially they were just intense braxton hicks, so I didn't pay too much attention. Around 2 pm on Christmas eve, we started packing up the food we were bringing to his parent's house and I got another sharp pain, this time it lasted closer to 15-20 seconds and was a little stronger. I told Jacob that I think it had to do with being so busy all day and that when we got to his parent's I would relax and see if that helped. When we got to his parent's house around 3:30 I sat on the couch and we all started talking about the baby and what are plans were for the new year. I got up to use the bathroom and as I got to the hallway I had an incredibly painful contraction, it started in my lower back and wrapped around to the front on my stomach. I leaned up against the wall until it passed about 20-25 seconds later. I called Jacob and told him that they were getting stronger and more frequent. So they brought me back to the couch and had me lay down with my feet up. I was only laying down for maybe 45 minutes when another one just as painful sparked. I told his mom that I think I needed to go to the ER. When we got there we told the nurse how frequent and how long each lasted. She handed us a clipboard and sent us to the waiting room to fill it out. We waited there for about 2 hours until I couldn't handle the pain anymore and I told the nurse I needed a doctor. They took me back to an exam room and had me change. I waited AGAIN for another 45 minutes for a doctor. When he finally did my exam (around 8:30 pm) he told me I was fully effaced, about 6-7 cms dilated and the baby was stage +2. They finally moved me from ER exam to labor and delivery and got me ready. I was having contractions about every 45 minutes and they were lasting about 30 seconds. I tried to sleep for a little while because I wanted to be rested for delivery. I slept a total of 2 hours but I kept being woken up by doctors and contractions. Around 12am on Christmas morning the nurse did another exam and said that she had crowned fully and dilation was completed so that she had to wait for the doctor's rotation and she would get one in within 15-20 minutes. By this point I was in so much pain, I was on the verge of tears and right as the doctor walked in the room I had this intense urge to push. He told me to hold on a second and not to push, but I really couldn't help it. I started pushing and after 2 hours of pushing Aliliana Kenadee was born 4 days early at 2:14 am- the first baby born at the hospital on Christmas. She had apgars of 9 and 10, she was 7lbs 12ozs 21 inches long. We were discharged from the hospital the day after Christmas.

Reply With Quote
February 5th, 2007, 12:25 AM
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 224
Congrats!!!! Im curious...did you give birth without any pain medication????

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0