Log In Sign Up

Prestons Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 15th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Stacey's Avatar Super Star...mom to 6 ♥
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 21,411
<div align="center">
7:20 AM - 8:15 AM ~ I was due to be induced early in the morning but arrived late and once I got to the hospital I had to sign in and all that fun stuff. I was then send up to L & D to be induced. As I arrived on the floor I saw my wonderful doctor. He was half way down the hall getting ready for a c-section he had to do. He pointed to me and said *so, you made it* as he was saying that I started to pout and then there was a girl in the L & D room that started screaming...thats all I needed and I started to cry. I was so scared. My doctor walked over to us and put his hand on my shoulder and asked *why are you crying* He looked like he wanted to give me a hug. I said *Im scared* He was like *your a pro at this, your going to be fine* ... He knew I didnt want to be induced so he really felt bad for me. Anyhow.....I walked into the room and got all hooked up. The doctor came in and checked me. I was already at 5 cm...the day before I was only 2 but I walked my butt off the night before. I was so hoping to go into labor on my own. The nurse asked if she should start the pitocin and he said that he promised me that he would break my water and see if I would go on my own before starting the potocin...so thats what we did...

8:45 AM ~ The doctor broke my water....I was having contractions on the way down and once they broke my water the contractions started to come more regularly. They were coming every 4 to 5 minutes. They werent painful at all....just tightening of my tummy.

In between this time......The doctor did a c-section and then came to check me and said that I was still a five. He then said he was going to the office and would give me time to go on my own and when he got back if I wasnt making any progress then I would have to need a small dose of pitocin. ... the nurse came in and my contractions had spaced out so I stalled.

11:50 AM~ I was started on pitocin at a very small drip. I asked the nurse when it would kick in and she said *everyone is different and that it could take awhile* Raymond had just walked out of the room to go get something to eat so he had no idea that they started the pitocin. The minute she hooked me up, she left the room and BAM...I got my first contraction that was a little painful. I tried to call Raymond on his cell to let him know the he needs to get back to the room right away. I just knew it was going to be fast.Of course he didnt answer because he didnt hear it. Thankfully he was back in about 15 minutes after that.

Between 12:30 PM and 12:40 PM the contractions were getting harder and coming more steady.... towards the end I was getting some back to back, thats when I knew it was time.

12:50 PM ~ I told the nurse that I need to push. I could feel the baby coming down with every contraction.

1:00 PM ~ It was pushing time. I have never pushed so hard in my life. I felt like baby wasnt going to come out and I grabbed onto Raymond neck and started to scream many things... I CANT DO THIS....PLEASE GET THE BABY OUT NOW....and more screams and grunts as I was trying to push. I felt the head part way out and kept asking the doctor if the head was going back in but he said no...he grabbed my hand and put it on the babys head to show me that it was partly out. What no one knew was that baby was sunny side up (facing the ceiling) which made the pushing soooooo hard. I honestly felt like this baby wasnt going to come out. Once the head finally popped out, I was told to not push any more. the cord was around his neck but not tight or anything. Once the doctor got the cord off the babys neck, the baby come out the rest of the way without any problems.

1:07 PM ~ Our Baby Boy was born.... welcome Mr Preston......he weighted 7 lbs 10 oz and was 20.5 inches long. His apar was 9 out of 9.

All in all...from the time the potocin was used until deliver was only 1 hour and 17 minutes...WHOO HOOO

Mr Preston:

He was born with what they called a *crooked penis* and wasnt able to get snipped. He does need surgery to fix that and wont be able to get it until he is 6 months old. I cant believe my baby is going to need surgery already. It breaks my heart.


To control my bleeding they had to give me 2 more bags of potocin after the delivery. I also got a shot and then had to take pills because it wasnt slowing down.


Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0