Really confused.. took a few tests most are faint positive some brands are negative

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By YellieBean
  • 1 Post By verysexy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 24th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Regular
My period is 2 days late. Ive had sore breasts, and mild cramping for about 5 days now. Naseaus during the day and night on and off also. I took a dollar test 3 days ago and got a pink light positive in about 3 minutes. I took an ept the next night and got a faint thick + in 2 minutes. I just went out and bought frer and first response rapid result and theyre both stark white negative and I held my urine and didn't drink anything. The frer has a clearish notch looking line in the test area though. Now im really confused? Has this happened to anyone and theyre pregnant. Thanks
October 24th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Regular
update: now at about 7-8 minutes after taking the FRER there is a veryyyy slight tinge of color In the test line section? is this still valid after 3 minutes?
October 24th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Regular
just took an ept digital not pregnant guess im not.. =(
October 24th, 2013, 01:19 PM
YellieBean's Avatar Veteran
Be careful trusting the digis because they can be less sensitive sometimes. I tend to really trust the FRER tests, but also, it's pretty rare to get a false positive. Sometimes, people can get early positives with chemical pregnancies and take a test the next day and maybe get a negative and start their period, but that isn't always the case. If you haven't started in a couple days, you should call your doc and see if they will draw blood.
KeLLiC09 and jessmgt like this.
October 24th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Regular
I haven't taken a frer with fmu I wonder if this is the problem? I haven't held longer than 2 hours either

I feel sooo naseaus like im about to throw up and breasts are beyond sore. If my period doesn't come in a few days im going to the doctor
October 24th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Regular
!!!!!gahhh!!! I just went to duane reade, and got a box of 3 FRERS and 2 clearblue +/- new handle tests. The clearblue +/- is a very faint light blue hard to see in certain lightings, and the frer has a very glimmer of a baby pink test line!!! Dollar test was negative looking. all used same urine just now with a 2 hour hold. What do u guys think!! Shouldn't my lines be dark since im 2 days late or some women just show up later after missed periods? FRER'S 2 days ago were stark white. Thanks..maybe my lines are better at night?
October 24th, 2013, 03:29 PM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
It takes some women longer to get a dark positive. I actually have better luck with my evening urine when testing. It must be frustrating to have some tests come up positive and others negative. Also, if your lines are super faint, it may take a few days to get a positive digi. Can you post picks of your tests? I know we all love to analyze per sticks lol
October 24th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Regular
It wont show up I only have a webcam and the lines are super faint, ill retest tomorrow morning or night and if its noticeable on cam ill post them! Ill post them if not in a few days when it can be seen on the cam pics. Thanks so much guys for your help. The faint glimmer pink line is still there an hour later!! ive never gotten a line like this before!!
October 24th, 2013, 04:01 PM
Oh ok. Can't wait for tomorrows update! Good luck!
October 24th, 2013, 09:46 PM
wifey2josh's Avatar Veteran
I never tested positive with my DD 6 years ago...I was 2 days late for AF and I had to go in for a blood test! GL!!!
October 25th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Regular
Here's my update from today. I had a bit of dark brownish rusty red and pink discharge today/v light bleeding/ I didn't need a liner it was just when I wiped. Anyway some tests I ordered from babyhopes.com came today. I took two aimstrip hpts both Came up right away with a faint pink line and their 20miu hpt came up with a very pink light line. Frer was negative with the same urine. what do you guys think..maybe I just implanted and its too early for the frer? the aimstrip and 20miu tests both measure 20miu from babyhopes. The frer just has a clear dent in the test area after 3 minutes. I also took a wondfo ovulation test afterwards and its positive?!

Last edited by verysexy; October 25th, 2013 at 12:08 PM.
October 25th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Renee360 Send a message via Yahoo to Renee360
FRER measure HCG at 25 mIu although there are some FRER's that measure HCG at lower mIu's.

Test in a day or 2 and hopefully the lines start getting more obvious and darker. GL

Renee
October 25th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Regular
hmmmm i wonder why would my wondfo opk be very positive right away if I wasn't pregnant then? ::
October 25th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Renee360 Send a message via Yahoo to Renee360
I would just get some blood drawn. I am also very impatient.

I really hope that your test start getting darker. Maybe just stick with 1 brand and see what the lines do. KUP.

Renee
October 26th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Could you ask your Dr to do blood work? It's got to be really frustrating to get lines on some and not others. The blood work can tell you for sure if you are or are not.
October 26th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My pregnancy tests are faint or negative if I take them before three weeks after conception. I usually catch mine at 3 weeks. You could jsut be that early. I would get a blood draw. My line with my 2cnd was extremely faint and I caught it at exactly three weeks. With my first, I got pregnant between april 18-22. I tested May 9th because my period was due and I didnt feel any on coming symptoms, it was negative. Tested May 13th and it was positive.

October 27th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Regular
Ok the spotting/bleeding completely stopped now. I bled light for about 24 hours. I say I soaked a medium absorbency tampon total maybe not even that much. I took a frer just now with fmu and the line is a little darker and more noticeable. Could this have been IB and been light a light period but bright red at times? Im confused.
October 27th, 2013, 02:27 PM
CO Mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
IB usually occurs a few days to a week before a positive result--I say if the line is getting darker-sounds like you're pregnant! Can you take a photo of the new test?

October 27th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Regular
Great, thanks. I just took a generic brand blue dye test not a +/- one but the one that either shows the l or nothing for positive. It came up right away in the 2 minutes at the same time the control line started coming up. Its a medium blue positive. Are blue dyes completely unreliable? Im really naseaus and feel sick too! ::Wish me luck:: Thanks guys ill post a pic when its a tad darker and in daylight so it shows better my cam sucks
madis-mama17 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search