probably irrational, but needed to run this timeline by some folks

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2018, 02:57 PM
So, I'm having a mess of stuff going on in my body and I can't tell what is what. My cycle is really long--typically around 35-37 days, so I can't even test yet and have it be accurate. My period is supposed to show up this Friday, but maybe I've messed with that (see more details below). warning.

Alright, so here's the timeline:

Feb 7 - first day of last period
Feb 22 - had unprotected sex, he came inside me
Feb 23 - took generic plan b (my way)

Zero symptoms from plan b, nothing to show for anything until...

Mar 5-7 - very light spotting
Mar 8-10 - breasts EXTREMELY sore and swollen. i've never had breast soreness like this before -- not when i've taken plan b in the past (granted, that was like a decade ago so perhaps my own reaction to it has changed), nor during PMS. at one point was so sore that standing up from lying down without a bra on was so painful i had to lay back down for a minute and hold my boobs in place to stand up. also, intense fatigue--bone deep exhaustion.
also during this time, started to have symptoms of a flu but not full blown--had a bit of a sore throat, stuffy nose, sneezing a lot.
Mar 10 - pain in left ovary. did not feel like normal cramping pain, but something different. not sure how to explain beyond that. only noticed it when i moved in certain ways.

Mar 11 - still feeling really crappy, pain was coming and going and then had a period where it got worse. more spotting, this time with very very small clots. not a normal period by any stretch of the imagination.

per the advice of a triage nurse, went to urgent care. they were concerned about ectopic pregnancy and/or ovarian cysts - did a regular ultrasound and transvaginal, as well as pee test (and they took blood work, but i don't know if they ran a blood test for hcg and whether it was qualitative/quantitative, or whatever those distinctions are--don't know if I'm using those correctly) and a pelvic exam. right before i did the pee test, i had clear fluid *everywhere*--it soaked my panties and the inside of my thighs.

all they found was a light case of BV, which i've never had before. they said otherwise this may be a side effect of plan b, as well.

today is march 13, and the spotting has basically entirely disappeared. at no point could the spotting fill up a panty liner or the lightest tampon. trust me, i tried. also, breasts are still tender but less swollen/sore. i'm still having some cramping but that has died down a lot.

i'm thinking i'm likely *not* pregnant and it's just the morning after pill hormones messing with me + BV, but i'm also a little paranoid as it's 1. too soon to test accurately and 2. the concerns about the morning after pill basically not working at all for women who weigh over 175 lbs (i come in at around 185) and 3. knowing several women who never got BV until they were PREGNANT and having that be a sign of their early pregnancy and 4. NOT HAVING ANYTHING SIMILAR CLOSE TO THIS EXPERIENCE LAST TIME I TOOK THE MORNING AFTER PILL.

what are your thoughts here? any insights? i know at this point it's like soothsaying, but if anyone had any kind of similar experience, i would appreciate it. i've done a ton of research, but a lot of the information i've found is based on the average cycle length, which doesn't apply here (and i'm regular, just regular with a long *** cycle!). i'm planning to take another pregnancy test after when my period was supposed to start, assuming that it doesn't come, but would appreciate thoughts anyway.

Last edited by bundleofnerves; March 13th, 2018 at 03:01 PM.

Tags
am i pregnant, bacterial vaginosis, morning after pill, spotting

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search