Log In Sign Up

Do I really have to send him to his dad's?

Forum: Divorce and Separation


Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Divorce and Separation LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 25th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 75
I have joint custody with my son's "father".But he rarely has anything to do with him.My son doesn't even ask about him most of the time.He lives in a motel room,never has any food for my son,and is always passed out or just sleeps when he is over there.So basically my 6 year old takes care of himself (which has actually always been the case).Then his "father" will call whenever he wants expecting us to drop everything and bring Damien over there whether he wants to go or not.
Reply With Quote
August 25th, 2010, 06:49 PM
KrazE's Avatar ShutTheFrontDoor
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,546
If you have a court order, then yes.
If your ex is passed out (from drinking?) or your child is going without proper care, then you need proof (just your word will not do anything) to have the court order modified.
If you truly believe your child is in danger, then do something about it; you cannot just unilaterally cut off court ordered visitation on something you cannot prove - it will reflect negatively on you instead.

Reply With Quote
August 28th, 2010, 01:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: none
Posts: 1,133
Ditto to Kraze....

Get your child talking or acting out things in counseling if it's serious-or request a guardian ad litem for your child...someone that is a neutral party and in the best interest of the child (according to the courts) would be a start, anyway.

It's sad and it stinks, but without any proof or a neutral party involved on your child's behalf, your just making accusations, know what I mean?

Just my .02

Reply With Quote
August 30th, 2010, 06:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,091
Send a message via AIM to Blondzilla
Yep. Both KrazE and Hope are right. You need proof and until you have it and have done something LEGALLY to prevent him from getting your son, you have no choice. It isn't fair...it's infuriating that he is such an irresponsible father but you don't want to get in trouble by not allowing visits when legally you haven't done anything to stop him from gaining access to your child. It WILL make you look bad and in the end will taint anything you get to back up your claims.
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0