Log In Sign Up

Child Support

Forum: Divorce and Separation


Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Divorce and Separation LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 16th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1
I'm new here but am really trying to get some guidance from others. My husband and I are divorcing, we have two boys. I am the one who makes more money. We have shared, 50/50 custody and plan to leave it this way. He is planning to ask for child support from me, but people that I've spoken with say child support doesn't happen with custody like that. I should mention we are trying to do our divorce ourselves, without lawyers. I will see a lawyer if I need to.
Reply With Quote
October 16th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Central Cali
Posts: 6,880
I would think that if you are sharing custody 50/50 then neither of you would get support. However he might try to go for spousal support in the divorce?? But if he's working I'm not sure he could even get that. If he was a stay at home dad then yeah, he would be able to get it probably. We are also doing our divorce paperwork ourselves. As long as you can agree on everything then there is no reason to go to court. You could always have a consultation with a lawyer just to see what they have to say. Also, our courthouse here has this thing called an Access Center where we can go to get advice on paperwork or find out answers on questions like this. Maybe see if yours does too??

Reply With Quote
October 17th, 2012, 12:48 AM
MzzMommaD's Avatar Sibe Momma
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kennewick WA
Posts: 1,231
Unless you make a significant amount more than he does, i can only imagine he may get spousal support. Which again, is if you have been married a long time and make a significant amount more. However, go to Avvo.com - Expert Advice When You Need It Most and you can post free on there and lawyers can give you some advice/ideas.

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0