What should be the role of a stepmom?

Forum: Divorce and Separation

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Divorce and Separation LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 3rd, 2017, 08:22 PM
I am a step-mom of two little daughters of my husband. They stay with us during weekdays and go to their mom during weekends. I try my best to raise those children in the best way. But I am always pissed off with their mom. She is always interfering in everything: like dressing kids, making their hair, food, etc.

How should I deal her? She is always in my home to check on her kids. And as always she’s complaining about everything. I know they are her kids. But when they are in my home, they are my responsibility. How am I supposed to respond her?? Any legal suggestions????? I’m really pissed off with this life. Sometime I really feel to dump her kids at her home forever but my husband loves his kids; I can’t do that. I’ve compromised with my lifestyle, my work schedule, etc. But my effort has never been acknowledged. I just receive complains every single day by my husband’s exwife about my care to her kids. Please help me...
November 6th, 2017, 12:00 PM
I can understand that it must be frustrating to have their birth mother micromanage in your own home. Maybe a frank conversation with your husband is in order, and then he can relay your feelings to his ex?
Could just be that she genuinely finds it hard to let her kids be parented by another person. I know I would find it hard to see my son developing an affectionate relationship with another mother figure.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search