I want a divorce but I donít wanna leave my step daughter

Forum: Divorce and Separation

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Divorce and Separation LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 16th, 2018, 09:31 AM
Ok long story short maybe. I have been married for about 8 years my husband and I have three children my oldest child is 20 he is biologically mine and my daughter is 14 she is biologically his and finally a six year old that is ours. My oldest son is gay and has been out for about five years he no longer lives with us and when I want to see him with any of my other children my husband makes a huge deal about it because he is afraid he will influence the other children in some way .. Anyway this happens again last night when My oldest wanted to take us all out for dinner my husband refused to let my youngest go. Bottom line I am tired of having this same argument. I donít know what to do I am really ready to just walk out but I donít wanna leave my other children

Last edited by Molly27; May 16th, 2018 at 09:42 AM.
May 16th, 2018, 01:11 PM
May I ask this? What will walking out accomplish for everyone? I can certainly understand your sadness and frustration. You know, a family is made up of so much love (and disagreement sometimes!)--and hopefully unconditional love among you all--even love for your husband who isn't accepting of your son. I'd love to point you to some articles to read on this topic of unconditional love that maybe will help your marriage and your family moving forward. Without that type of love, it's hard to be a family with so many different people as part of it. Please let me know if you'd like that link and I'll add it.
May 17th, 2018, 08:15 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I am recently divorced. Leaving a marriage is a difficult choice. Is this the only issue you have? The only reason for wanting to leave or are there other issues? I can certainly appreciate your situation and I am sure I would struggle with it as well.
But your choices are to keep talking to your husband and hope that he just needs more time to accept your son the way he is. Being gay isn't something that he is going to "influence" your kids to do and your/his kids are going to be around people of other lifestyles at some point. Honestly, I think a good heart to heart might be in order. And if you do choose to leave you can let your children/his children know that you always love them. If it were me, I would make an appointment with a therapist (even if it's just you who goes). It's a lot to think about.

Visit us at the Am I Pregnant board.
Are you trying to lose weight or get in shape? Stop by the Mommy Fitness board and say hello.

***Find me on Facebook!***

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search