Log In Sign Up

Please help if you can!

Forum: The Teacher's Lounge


Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Teacher's Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 30th, 2011, 10:47 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 12,959
Hello ladies! I'm Meagan (22), Army wife to Dusty (22), and student SAHM to Addisen (3 years). I am currently a junior in college working on my bachelors degree in elementary education with an emphasis on early childhood education. I have a paper due tomorrow on a problem that I see with multicultural education today. I am trying to focus it on the need for a teacher to be educated in multicultural education but I am having a hard time finding resources.

I was wondering if anyone knows what states, if any, require continuing education courses on multicultural education? If anyone could help I would really appreciate it!

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

Reply With Quote
April 30th, 2011, 02:51 PM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 32,198
Hi there!

When I was in college (several years ago) we had to fulfill a "diversity requirement" through taking one of a few options of diversity classes as well as a field experience in a diverse location. I'm not sure what the requirements are now though!

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks
Reply With Quote
April 30th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,232
My state (NJ) does not have any requirements as far as I know. I work in a district with a high Korean population, and the teachers were offered several workshop sessions to familiarize themselves with the Korean culture. Each year a teacher is also offered the chance to go to Korea for two weeks to experience the culture in person.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

Reply With Quote
May 1st, 2011, 08:33 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 12,959
Thanks ladies, I am starting to wonder if any state has it as a requirement...I am almost done with my paper so yay!

LovinMommy- I know this might sound really weird but do you mind if I use your example in my paper? If so I would need the school districts name though so I understand if you do not want me to.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0