How do you do readings for people you can't see, or don't know that well?

Forum: Pagan Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pagan Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 18th, 2011, 08:04 AM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
I've been having trouble with this. It seems like my readings are more questionable when I do them for you ladies, because I have a hard time concentrating on WHO I'm doing the reading for, kwim?

When I do them for a good friend, or for my DH, or for my family, they seem very spot one. Each roll relates directly with their question. I wish I could be more accurate with you ladies, but unfortunately it's just hard to focus on someone I don't know very well.

I know that eventually I'll feel like you ladies are family, like I do with the ladies in my Playroom (that's why it was so easy to roll for Laura!), so it'll become easier later. Until then, what are tips you use to help yourself do readings with someone you've never met, or don't know that well?

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
January 18th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Mystixism's Avatar Mistress of the Universe
I am opposite of you.. I have an easier time reading for people I do not know. If I read for someone I know, then I find that I am concentrating really hard on giving them a positive reading instead of giving them an accurate reading and it jumbles things up a lot.

The best advice I can give is to go with your feelings. It takes practice so don't give up

January 18th, 2011, 11:12 AM
CanadianLou's Avatar Laura - mom of 3
I find too if I know the person too well, I'm scared I'm letting my feelings and opinions get in the way.

For me, if I don't know the person I just concentrate on their nic name, and intuitional stuff usually starts coming.

Thank you Meganpixel for the most fantastic siggy!

January 18th, 2011, 02:15 PM
DistantSun's Avatar Seeking Serenity
Send a message via AIM to DistantSun
Yeah, I tend to do better with strangers also. I wouldn't worry so hard about it. Maybe the interpretations you have just aren't right for you... Perhaps finding another system?

Thank you so much, cavewoman!
January 18th, 2011, 04:08 PM
I wish I were like you ladies! I guess I don't mind being brutally honest with those I'm close to, so I give them as accurate a reading as possible, without sugar-coating it. LOL. But, I guess it's because I'm more easily connected with their energies, if that makes sense.

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
January 18th, 2011, 09:50 PM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Krissy, each time you see someone's username, what is the feeling you get? Do you know what I'm talking about here? What about when you see their signature, what is the "taste/flavor" of it? If I've still lost you the rest won't make sense. If you're on the same page with me, it will.

Take THAT feeling and concentrate on it. Focus on that for your reading

For me, it depends. I can read pretty well for myself and my direct family, but if it's too emotionally involved for me I also seek outside sources to compare readings too. Sometimes I simply can't get a reading for certain people. I will do a general card draw for these individuals and wait until I pick up on their energy. Some people I've gotten direct energy from automatically. You are one of those people Krissy, sometimes I can just auto-read people, sometimes I can't!

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

January 20th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Bella Nyxe's Avatar Serenity in Moonlight
this is all very interesting. i wish i could out in my input but i know nothing - i like the advise so far

♥ღ ☽O☾ ღ♥
☽¸.☆
´ ¸.☆´ ☆
¸☆´
´¯☆. ¸. ☆ ☆~☆ ☽☆. ¸.

January 20th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Jackie, I think I know exactly what you mean! I have found that some people on here are easier to read for than others---but of course I don't want to say so, out of fear of offending people. With some people, it feels like I can connect almost right away, and my readings relate pretty accurately. With others, I have a harder time finding that energy connection, and my reading seems all over the place.

Thanks for writing that! Totally makes sense!

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
January 22nd, 2011, 06:21 PM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Quote:
Originally Posted by krissy1989 View Post
Jackie, I think I know exactly what you mean! I have found that some people on here are easier to read for than others---but of course I don't want to say so, out of fear of offending people. With some people, it feels like I can connect almost right away, and my readings relate pretty accurately. With others, I have a harder time finding that energy connection, and my reading seems all over the place.

Thanks for writing that! Totally makes sense!
I've found the exact same thing

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search