Can ordinary people learn magic?

Forum: Pagan Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree31Likes
  • 7 Post By Dandelion
  • 3 Post By Earthy.Mama
  • 5 Post By Amaranth Dhanya
  • 1 Post By Shades of Grey
  • 2 Post By mindy scott
  • 2 Post By lhug_nar
  • 2 Post By Carwen*Angel
  • 3 Post By Galactic Som
  • 5 Post By Niamh ૐ
  • 1 Post By Mystic

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pagan Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 18th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
What are your thoughts on this?

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

April 18th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think magic is possible for almost everyone. We all have personal energy & the ability to use energy of nature. However, not everyone has the knowledge or information to actually put this energy to practice. That's just my personal views though. The definition of magic and "ordinary people" might be different to others.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!
April 18th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
I agree! We're all created from the Divine and have the same abilities as anyone else, but most people are so blocked and have no spirituality that they don't know what is there to use or what their potential is!

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

April 18th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
We are all connected to the Divine so we all have the potential to tap into that energy.

I think some do without even realizing it too LOL.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
April 18th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lotus View Post
We are all connected to the Divine so we all have the potential to tap into that energy.

I think some do without even realizing it too LOL.
I agree, I think everyone could, but most are not tuned in enough to do so. I also think some can do it without realizing it!
Dandelion likes this.

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
April 18th, 2012, 07:21 PM
mindy scott's Avatar I love my 3 of my babies
I agree with everyone ! We all have it in us most just choose not to believe it .
Dandelion and MammaHutch like this.

I'm going to be a grandma

April 18th, 2012, 08:10 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
ITA, we have it in all of us but not all learn how to use it.
Mystic and Dandelion like this.
April 21st, 2012, 02:43 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I think so too. I think we all have the capacity - my belief is that magic, at its core, is focused intention. Love the way Dandelion put it.
Dandelion and Earthy.Mama like this.

May 31st, 2012, 09:24 PM
Galactic Som's Avatar is some kind of something
I've gotta be honest, I can't help but scoff at the notion that someone would be able to use it over others. It's almost saying that there's something special about them, like they've got this super special ability that others don't. It drives me insane. I realize that a lot of people (especially younger kids...) really want to be something beyond ordinary, but... bleh.
May 31st, 2012, 10:20 PM
Niamh ૐ's Avatar Green Mama Goddess
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
Well I view magic as something that, well *IS* ordinary. To me, there is nothing really "supernatural" or "EXTRAordinary" about it. It's part of nature. Since we are also part of nature, we all have the ability to tap into this energy. Some are more naturally able to do it more than others (much like some people are just "naturally good at painting" or "naturally good at anything with numbers", etc), but it's not something that is only available to a select few.

Many people do a form of energy work without even realizing it.
May 31st, 2012, 10:52 PM
MammaHutch
I believe everyone can, but the thing is, most wont. That is because they are blind to see it and or accept it.
June 1st, 2012, 06:49 AM
Tuatha's Avatar Veteran
In a sense, yes. Does everyone have the ability for some sort of magic? Yes. Is everyone going to be good at it? No. Plus you have to add in how on "defines" magic. I do believe some people have abilities that others will never have, or will be better than others at it. That's something that is in every day life, not everyone is going to be good at everything everyone else is.

At its basic level though, yes, everyone has the ability for something in magic. But situations, circumstances and ones own few point play into the extent of it IMO.

June 9th, 2012, 12:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh ૐ View Post
Well I view magic as something that, well *IS* ordinary. To me, there is nothing really "supernatural" or "EXTRAordinary" about it. It's part of nature. Since we are also part of nature, we all have the ability to tap into this energy. Some are more naturally able to do it more than others (much like some people are just "naturally good at painting" or "naturally good at anything with numbers", etc), but it's not something that is only available to a select few.

Many people do a form of energy work without even realizing it.

ITA Couldn't have said it any better!
Earthy.Mama likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search