Aviane

Forum: Birth Control

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Control LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 10th, 2008, 06:51 PM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Anyone know anything about it?

I'm going to be taking this next cycle. My doctor said it's the generic to Alesse.

July 10th, 2008, 08:29 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I've not heard of it sorry - it isn't available in New Zealand. Have you tried goggling it?

July 10th, 2008, 08:53 PM
I did, but I'm wondering if anyone on here has taken them before.

July 10th, 2008, 10:22 PM
kasie.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to kasie. Send a message via Yahoo to kasie.
Aviane is the exact same thing as Aleese, just a different name.
Here is a good site with a lot of information.. http://www.drugs.com/Alesse.html

I haven't taken this kind, but I have been on the pill before, Femcon, and the only problem I had was nausea.
July 11th, 2008, 08:03 AM
tiffanys's Avatar Expecting #1- Fisher
Hi there, i'm just lurking on this board and saw your post. I took Aviane for a year and a half, I actually just stopped taking it a week ago. When I first started on it, like my first cycle I gained 10 lbs. That's it tho, I never gained anymore after that but had a hard time losing any weight while I was on it. That is the only problem I experienced with it up until a few months ago. In march, when my DH and I went on our Honeymoon, I forgot to pack my BCP so I missed an entire week, and after that my cycles were very different. One month I was a week early, the next month I was a week late, it was longer and heavier than normal and I was experiencing heavy pg symptoms...this is why I just stopped taking it, we are going to go BC free for a while!
But, up until i screwed it up that week, I never had any problems with it other than the 10lb weight gain.

Hope this helps!
Tiffany
Blessed Mommy to Fisher and baby#2 Hunter on his way

July 12th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I took it for about 2 years until my pharmacy decided to start carrying Lutera instead which is just another generic, but it's the same stuff. I never had any problems with it and never had any problems when I switched to Lutera.
July 15th, 2008, 08:18 PM
Thanks so much for the replies!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search