baby fever

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 6th, 2009, 10:15 AM
Mellza's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've got the fever BAD! I envision how I will rearrange my house to bring in a child, and how that child will come about.
Lately I've been hoping that some miracle will occur and someone who has an unwanted pregnancy will approach Evan and I about adoption. I'm probably just dreaming and wishing. We've looked into foster care, which we would qualify for, but our house is setup weird, and you can't have an outside door in the bedroom, and plus it scared me to think of getting attached and then giving the child back to a home with lesser quality.
I know I can have my own, it is just scary with the uncertainty. With my mission of health, school and my home daycare, having a 9 month pregnancy and c-section would shut me down, and these kids/parents depend on me, not to mention my mission to health, and the possibly of carrying a child to term and then having to say good-bye, or the child is fine and everything is great. I just don't know when and how I am going to pursue my dreams of motherhood. At any rate, I am not making any decision now, or maybe even this year... Just ready to raise my own kids, instead of taking care of others. I love my job, it makes me so happy but these kids aren't mine... Hopefully someday soon...
January 6th, 2009, 11:59 AM
ana410ny's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't know what to say but just wanted to give you some
January 6th, 2009, 01:33 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
(((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))))

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
January 6th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Hopingfor1soon's Avatar Expecting a Miracle!
I have it bad too hun!! I know my story isnt as heartbreaking as yours is, but we have been TTC for 19 LONG months. We have tried IUI, Injects, Clomid, etc....and all I know is that we have unexplained infertility! I too want to be a mommy to my own child so bad!! Which is exactly why I am here at this board!! I am hoping and praying that weightloss will somehow lead to my BFP!!!! Please if you ever want to talk dont be afraid to PM me!

January 6th, 2009, 07:44 PM
Mellza's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
its hard to compare apples to apples. The empty arm feeling is all the same. Part of my new years goal is to make a 5 year plan, and I hope to have an idea of what I am going to do in it. That is the goal anyhow. Dh and I really enjoyed pregnancy, so we very much look foward to one day doing it again... I have a hard time understanding how some women can jump right back into trying, they have strength I don't... Someday though, someday....
January 6th, 2009, 08:06 PM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I understand this all to well. In March of 2006 Matt (DH) and I decided we wanted to have a baby. Nearly 3 years and 5 miscarriages later we are still waiting on our first child together. They can't really tell us what the problem is other than I have a hormone imbalance......unexplained of course. They said Clomid was going to be my miracle drug and that I would be pregnant before Christmas. Well, here we are, and I'm still not. The side effects I had on it were just to horrible to continue anymore (for my sake and my family's). I decided to lose a bunch of weight hoping that I can get back down to a healthy weight and maybe correct the hormone imbalance or at least be at a healthier weight for IUI or IVF if it comes to that. My real hope is that once I lose the weight I am able to get pregnant quickly the way I did with my first. I'm not holding my breath though.

I'm just at a point now where I had to step back, take a moment (or a year) to catch my breath and recover from the past three years mentally before diving back in again. Like I told Alicia earlier....if it doesn't happen quickly when I start actively trying again (since we aren't preventing during this break) then I am going to ask my RE to move on to IUI and injectables. I wanted a big family (5 or 6 kids at the least) and with each passing day I see that dream slipping further and further away. I just don't want to waste much more time with things that aren't working.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
January 7th, 2009, 07:36 AM
becky_mommyof4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hugs

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search