How often do you weigh yourself?

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 8th, 2009, 01:15 PM
Kris2you's Avatar Live-Laugh-Love
I'm bad but I weigh myself every morning after I hit the bathroom. I do my measurements monthly.
January 8th, 2009, 01:28 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I normally WI once a week, and I'll do my waist measurement monthly or so

Lucky mother to five!

January 8th, 2009, 02:25 PM
RaspberryBeret's Avatar Kara mom to J & A
I weight myself once a week so I don't get discouraged. It's hard to not do it but I don't want to freak myself out cause your weight can fluctuate from 1-2lbs a day.

January 8th, 2009, 02:27 PM
caitbeans's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I only count my weight once a week, but I still on the scale almost daily but I take what it says with a grain of salt.

I need to do my measurments.

\
January 8th, 2009, 02:50 PM
peacoxx's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am not as bad as I was before. I used to weight every time i was in the bathroom. Now i weigh in the morning and sometimes at night. Usually if i weigh at night I can gauge what my weight may be in the morning and then i do it in the morning. I no longer get upset though when i don't see the # i want because i know there are several factors in my weight fluctuation. I like to watch my weight but I care more now about the measurements and that i only get once a month. I don't know where my measuring tape is, but i will get another from walmart for about 1 buck.

I know when i was really obsessive it was almost to feel the satisfaction that even though i am eating my weight is not tremendous...Don't let the scale dictate your life and don't let that # effect whether ur keep going or give up. I started over 200 lbs, i think 210 or more and I am 187. I have had ups and downs. I remember weighing one weight the whole month and then that last week i'd drop 4 lbs and did NOTHING different. So be patient and don't focus too much on the scale.

Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

January 8th, 2009, 05:41 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Once a week. Sometimes more sometimes less. I don't like to weigh around AF at all. I find myself weighing more often during the first half of my cycle and not at all the second half.

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
January 8th, 2009, 06:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I weigh multiple times a day. When I see the number go down I am motivated and when I see the number go up or stay the same it makes me determined to try harder to get it to go down.
January 8th, 2009, 09:09 PM
4boys
When I'm getting obsessive, I do it every day. And then DH takes out the battery and hides the scale under the couch! So I try for weekly. And sometimes when I find myself getting a little too tied up in the number on the scale, I don't do it for weeks. I take my measurements every month and if I haven't weighed in recently, I try to do it monthly as well when I do my measurements.
January 8th, 2009, 09:10 PM
~*Dina*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I too am addicted to the scale. It drives me insane. I tell myself everyday, no weighing yourself and lo and behold I"m ontop the darn thing. I think measurements are a better way to see the "real" losses.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

January 8th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Bluebayou's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I am not as bad as I was before. I used to weight every time i was in the bathroom. Now i weigh in the morning and sometimes at night. Usually if i weigh at night I can gauge what my weight may be in the morning and then i do it in the morning. I no longer get upset though when i don't see the # i want because i know there are several factors in my weight fluctuation. I like to watch my weight but I care more now about the measurements and that i only get once a month. I don't know where my measuring tape is, but i will get another from walmart for about 1 buck.

I know when i was really obsessive it was almost to feel the satisfaction that even though i am eating my weight is not tremendous...Don't let the scale dictate your life and don't let that # effect whether ur keep going or give up. I started over 200 lbs, i think 210 or more and I am 187. I have had ups and downs. I remember weighing one weight the whole month and then that last week i'd drop 4 lbs and did NOTHING different. So be patient and don't focus too much on the scale.[/b]
You are right, and I weigh myself sometimes twce a day and if i weigh more i get angry and want to eat something! on the other hand, if i wait a whole week to weigh myself and then realize that i was dieting a whole week and lost nothing i get mad at that too and want to eat ! lol! i swear this is crazy! i am driving myself bananas over my weight!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search