What do you do when

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 8th, 2009, 06:11 PM
becky_mommyof4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You are so hungry for something so not healthy and you are going crazy what do you do?

i thought i was gonan go crazy tonight i was so wanting junk food. I dont know what to do in these situattions i have tried substitions, limiting nothinghas worked in teh past

January 8th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When I have an insatiable craving, I usually haven't eaten enough fat that day-honestly, I either eat a tablespoonful of peanut butter out of the jar, or I have popcorn with 2 TB of melted regular fat butter. Insatiable cravings gone.

Lucky mother to five!

January 8th, 2009, 06:36 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
That takes time. Different opinions on how to deal with it. Biggest tip, get the stuff out of the house! If it's not there you can't eat it. Your husband and kids may whine and pitch a fit if you don't buy it, but you know what they'll get over it. Throw it away if it's there calling your name. I have been known to open things and dump them in the trash. If it's something I really don't want to throw away I put it in the freezer. If it's frozen, it's not so easy to eat it. Unless of course we are talking about ice cream, lol.

I really had to just completely give up a lot of the junk. Once I purged from it for a while I didn't crave it any more. I also try not to get hungry. If you are hungry eat something healthy. Even if for a few days you have to eat all day long to get past this do it. Once you get the junk out of your system you won't crave it as much. It eventually will pass. It just may take time. I do eat junk sometimes now, but try not to do it very often.

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
January 8th, 2009, 07:37 PM
peacoxx's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to peacoxx
i agree, if i don[t have the item in the house i don't think about it really. Out of sight, out of mind and out of my mouth! Sometimes u can treat urself, but if you know u can't do it in moderation...leave it alone and find something taht can handle a sweet tooth. I swear the fiber one bars (chocolate and oats) does wonders! It tastes like a chocolate candy bar almost but is only 4 g of fat and i think 130 calories. It normally works for me. I also found these cocoa almonds that are great too...of course that handles a chocolate fix...if u want chips or something like that, popcorn or the stuff Ediets sends called Pirates booty is good lol

Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

January 8th, 2009, 10:06 PM
4boys
Brush your teeth. You won't want to ruin that minty fresh taste. Or it'll just taste bad if you do! Or exercise. I find exercising in the evenings keeps me from snacking, not sure why, but it works for me.
January 9th, 2009, 12:39 AM
ana410ny's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I remember when I first started, I got rid of all the junk food in my panty and fridge... now 46 days into my living healthier.. theres a brand new box of chocolates, 5 different boxes of cookies, crackers, candy, a big bag of reeses pieces (I give my daughter 3 pieces after school and she thinks I'm the best mom ever ), marshmellows, a big jar of nutella, nuts, omgosh.. that's just off the top of my head.. do I touch that stuff.. nah.. It sits there for when my hubby's friends come over. That's the kind of willpower you get if you purge your pantry in the very beginning. You have to get out of that mindset that YOU NEED JUNK.
January 9th, 2009, 05:58 AM
becky_mommyof4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
thanks girls

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search