motivation?

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 20th, 2009, 05:24 PM
Christina(mommyof2)'s Avatar Army Wife
I really want to loose a ton of weight but I got no motivation at all. How can I get some motivation?
February 20th, 2009, 06:10 PM
Wolfmama09's Avatar " He's a marshmallow!"
i have the same question lol

February 20th, 2009, 06:27 PM
peacoxx's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
come here! lol do you have recent pictures of yourself and old pictures to compare how you look and looked? Do you have an outfit that you used to be able to wear but you can't now and hope you will if you lose. Try it on see how you look in it. It may be hard but that may help motivate you. Go get a physical if you haven't already and find out if everything is a-ok. I put it off for a long time and after DH found out he had sky high cholesterol i had KNEW i must have it too. I had already been exercising by the time i got my physical but my bad cholesterol was still slightly elevated.

You have to get to a certain point where enough is enough. It may not be now, but if it is...come join us!

Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

February 20th, 2009, 06:30 PM
becker206's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Some suggestions...

1.Get a pair of your old jeans out or buy a pair of jeans in your goal size. Keep them out in your room so you can see them everyday.
2.Get a picture of yourself or a picture of you when you were at a weight you were happy with and post it on the fridge.
3.Think about your children and setting a good example for them.

GOOD LUCK!!

February 20th, 2009, 06:45 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
one of my biggest motivators, was to put up a pic of myself at my heaviest in my bathroom-that way each morning I could see how big I had really gotten, and make it stop!

Also, start with small goals, pick a 5lb goal, or 10%---its easier to imagine yourself at that weight, than say 20 or 70lbs lighter, whatever your case may be.

Also keep a pair of "get into" jeans in your closet, the ones you want to fit into next, its very motivating!

The other motivator I found-just shut up and do it, even when you don't want to: this includes exercise and eating healthier-no excuses!

Lucky mother to five!

February 20th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
tell yourself when you get to goal you will buy yourself this:

My inspiration

This is what I'm buying me when I get to goal
February 20th, 2009, 08:19 PM
becker206's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
tell yourself when you get to goal you will buy yourself this:

My inspiration

This is what I'm buying me when I get to goal [/b]
GORGEOUS RING!!

February 21st, 2009, 01:03 AM
*S.M.S*'s Avatar Super Mommy
everytime i go shopping for clothes gives me motivation
i pick something that looks cute and nice but when i go into the fitting room to try it out its usually a bad fit (especially when my belly stands out) and i tell myself to go home and exercise

do it for ur kids....it will help them make healtheir choices too

Thanx *Sharon* for my siggy
February 21st, 2009, 02:17 AM
ana410ny's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Here's a motivator.. read my post (#16).

http://www.justmommies.com/boards/index.ph...owtopic=1478629
February 21st, 2009, 06:01 AM
Amy B.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Honestly, someone in my family dying is my motivation. My mom died of a massive heart attack on 11/3/05, and it really changed my life. I was 245 pounds at the time, and I decided I didn't want the possibility of my children in the future to have to worry about my dying suddenly like that. Also, my dad has tons of health problems from being obese (has had quadruple bipass surgery, diabetes with complications, high everything, etc). I've already got two strikes against me, so that's my biggest motivation.

Now, I do also envision myself at my goal weight, which I have been at before many years ago, and I do have some nice rewards planned for myself when I get there. I can't wait to go shopping for a much smaller size!

(BTW, I was down to 180 before I got pregnant. I'm just about 200 pounds now, and my goal weight is 135.)

Thank you, peimum, for my beautiful siggy!

February 21st, 2009, 07:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Honestly, someone in my family dying is my motivation. My mom died of a massive heart attack on 11/3/05, and it really changed my life. I was 245 pounds at the time, and I decided I didn't want the possibility of my children in the future to have to worry about my dying suddenly like that. Also, my dad has tons of health problems from being obese (has had quadruple bipass surgery, diabetes with complications, high everything, etc). I've already got two strikes against me, so that's my biggest motivation.

Now, I do also envision myself at my goal weight, which I have been at before many years ago, and I do have some nice rewards planned for myself when I get there. I can't wait to go shopping for a much smaller size!

(BTW, I was down to 180 before I got pregnant. I'm just about 200 pounds now, and my goal weight is 135.)[/b]
I agree major health problems or death can be a HUGE motivator. My DH who has normal everything (weight, cholesterol, blood pressure, etc) had to have 3 stents put in his arteries over the summer. He was having some mild chest pains so they did an exploratory look in his artries only to find one of them 99% blocked and two others 80+% blocked. And he had normal everything!

So if that doesn't get you moving I don't know what will. He always worked out but now is working out much more often and longer and hardly eats any meat. As a result his cholesterol is down to 75 (the LDL) and he has lost 20lbs and firmed up a ton. His cardiologist now believes he will not need anymore surgeries (any more stents or a bypass) if he keeps this up.
February 24th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Christina(mommyof2)'s Avatar Army Wife
thanks ladies, that is great motivation!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search