Body fat % is dropping like crazy

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 8th, 2009, 04:33 AM
peacoxx's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
which is a good thing, just curious why all of a sudden. I've been stuck at 33.2-33.7% body fat, in the last week i've checked i went down to 32.7 and today 31.8% My weight also went down to 164 this morning but from last friday i was weighing 166. Just curious if my lack of going to the gym as much has helped. I am still working out just not as much and not as vigorous. I did 30 day shred level 3 the other night, i did my 10 minute solutions, i did go to the gym and i've done crazy housework this week...

Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

June 8th, 2009, 05:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
No clue, but can you pass that fat busting genie over my way please? No matter what I do, Im stuck at the SAME percentage I started out at over 2 months ago... My muscle mass has gone up like crazy which has made my weight pretty much stay the same, but I havent lost an ounce of fat. HUMPH. Its REALLY frustrating.

But- thats totally awesome its dropping like that! Maybe your body just needed you to switch it up from the usual routine, like you had reached a mini plateau? In any case- NICE work!
June 8th, 2009, 07:01 AM
I was stuck at 33+% for MONTHS...i swear probably since January it seems. I just wanna keep it up lol

June 8th, 2009, 07:18 AM
tjo9's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know but it sounds good!!!
June 8th, 2009, 07:32 AM
BobbiC's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good stuff Pamala!! Hope it keeps going down for you now.

June 8th, 2009, 09:08 AM
becky_mommyof4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
how do you find out body fat percentage???

June 8th, 2009, 09:59 AM
i have the omron handheld body fat thingy

June 8th, 2009, 08:30 PM
KBeans's Avatar Believe in your body
I have no idea why it works but I've had this happen a lot. My body does much better with some rest. There are days where all I need is sleep and I come back form a 2 day sleep stint with a great weightloss and less aches and pains. Sometimes our bodies just need that rest but if you do it too long then it plateaus.
married to matt
mommy to rick 8, christian 6, kairi 3

want P90X, Hip Hop Abs, Turbo Jam, Slim in 6 and tons more? Check out my site!

3.5 years - still BFing

I ♥ triathlon, running & hot yoga!
June 8th, 2009, 08:51 PM
definitely not going to do it for long. I've had days of rest though... I am happy for the decline though it's great. I just hope it keeps up. My goal is to have no more than 25% body fat

June 8th, 2009, 09:24 PM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No idea but congratluations on the loss!

June 9th, 2009, 06:36 AM
TrainingWithTonya's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You may have been overtraining. Lack of results is one of the signs, other signs are excessive fatigue and water retention. Sound familiar? And I've tried to tell you all that rest is reqired! At least one day, and sometimes 2 days a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava's Mommy View Post
No matter what I do, Im stuck at the SAME percentage I started out at over 2 months ago... My muscle mass has gone up like crazy which has made my weight pretty much stay the same, but I havent lost an ounce of fat. HUMPH. Its REALLY frustrating.
Okay, if you are at the same weight and your muscle mass has gone up, then you have to be burning body fat. What are some of your readings for body fat % and weight so I can do a comparison for you? Say two months ago and your most recent one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava's Mommy View Post
No matter what I do, Im stuck at the SAME percentage I started out at over 2 months ago... My muscle mass has gone up like crazy which has made my weight pretty much stay the same, but I havent lost an ounce of fat. HUMPH. Its REALLY frustrating.
Okay, if you are at the same weight and your muscle mass has gone up, then you have to be burning body fat. What are some of your readings for body fat % and weight so I can do a comparison for you? Say two months ago and your most recent one?
Masters in Exercise Science Starting August 2012 at the University of South Florida

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search