Okay Ladies...

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 27th, 2009, 02:14 PM
peacoxx's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
no more summer slacking...summer is almost over and I know many of us haven't vacationed yet, some of us (like mois) have and it's time to get back on track. I think the summer is such a bad influence on me. I remember last summer i just fizzled out of my sizzle and I refuse to repeat that again, because that lasted all the way up to New Years. I am gonna do this p90x and those who can do it with me (who have it or can get it) please do!

If you don't have it, please just do what I am doing by logging your calories and your food. Finding a way to fit in the right amount of calories with the food you should and can eat. I have been working hard at night tweaking every little thing and I think I finally figured it out on my own. I can only go by what i know i will buy and what i can find if i am willing to try other items.

Once you put in that hard work, it starts getting easier. I have twiddled my thumbs long enough and well...it's "do or do not, there is no try"

Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

July 27th, 2009, 02:54 PM
becky_mommyof4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
what is that workout is it really hard??? do i need anything or just the video i need to start doing something and stop messing up.. i dont think i can really make my goal of another 50lbs by Jan 1 but i sure want to get sas closee as possiable

July 27th, 2009, 03:02 PM
p90x is not for the light hearted...it's gonna be a challenge c ause i often like to skimp on working out at home, but i refuse (especially since it cost about 140 bucks) but it's separated into 3 programs using their dvd's (12 discs) lean (more cardio) classic (some cardio but mostly weights) and doubles which gives you the best of both worlds and is for those who have completed a round of p90x or can handle the extra workouts.

you will tone up and lose weight. If you have a chance scroll down maybe another page, i put something about my new 'p90x idol' you can youtube p90x and find plenty of people who have lost weight and gained muscle. Those who have more weight to lose do 2 rounds usually. I have been keeping tabs on a lot of people and the average is a loss of 20 lbs in the 90 days but this is also with gaining definition and losing about 2 pant sizes. U'll see what i mean if you have a chance to look

July 27th, 2009, 03:14 PM
ana410ny's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm totally in love with P90X.. even with the 3wk break I took.. I didn't gain any weight and i'm still seeing the cuts that were there before... so it definitely works but it takes a lot of hard work.

Like Pamala said, the workout is far from being easy and they are no less than 50 mins.. since I do the workout with my DH we normally take 2hrs doing the workouts... since we share the pullup bar.

Anyway, it's an awesome program.
July 27th, 2009, 04:09 PM
that's the only sucky thing, i don't ahve a pull up bar and we don't think we should try in this house (it's a rental and well i don't want any accidents). I did just receive my push up stands and i have all the resistance bands...well i have red and blue.

July 27th, 2009, 04:18 PM
becky_mommyof4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
where can you buy this?

July 27th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hmm.. Now I'm curious!! I can't wait to see your results! Is it something that can be bought in stores, or does it have to be ordered?
July 27th, 2009, 07:01 PM
Beachbody Fitness, Nutrition, Diet and Weight Loss Products and Videos or you can check out amazon.com and they usually have ppl selling it. Ur gonna see some reviews that will be mixed up because ppl were supposed to rate the product not the seller so u may be buying it from a legit seller and it'll say it's a fony... matter of fact i will post the name of the seller we bought ours from. The difference buying it from amazon than beachbody is the shipping fees. but if you dont' have the full $$ you can do three payments of 39.95 + shipping...

okay we bought ours from BigFlySports who is a seller on amazon.com so if you find that seller u know ur getting legit product. I would order (if you don't have em) resistance bands and get some dumbbells (up to 8 lbs) and the guide tells u what else u may need. But really that's it.

July 28th, 2009, 06:56 AM
..Wendy..'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How do you do the work out with the kids being at home also and your the only one there to 'entertain' them? I have a hard time getting the time for the 30DS with out one of them interrupting me a few times during it or getting in the way
July 28th, 2009, 07:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have heard of P90x, but would rather go to the gym since I have a membership and access to equipment there. I am horrible at working out at home unless I'm doing EA Active on the Wii (which is occassionally). I cant stick to dvd programs but I love going to the gym and taking classes. I have no kids so its not a big deal, but luckily when I do have some, my gym has childcare.
TTC #2 (6/2015): Sept 2015 - EP @ 5 weeks, lost right tube
Mar 2016 - EP, MTX
July 2016 - CP
IVF - Jan/Feb 2017
ER (2/2)- 14 retrieved ALL mature; 12 fertilized normally
ET (2/7) - xfer 1 5AA blast, 8 5AA/5AB frozen
BFP @ 3.5dp5dt **Stick Baby Stick***
1st Beta (2/21) ): 3768!!!2nd Beta (2/23): 7313!!!U/S (3/3): 1 Bop @ 111bpm! U/S (3/13): 150bpm Baby Boy Due Date: 10/26/17
July 28th, 2009, 09:07 AM
sometimes i do it when they take a nap, while they are eating, when they are put to bed. I HAVE to make ME time or else it'll never happen. Recently the kids have been into it so they 'try' their own moves while i do mine. DJ gets in the way sometimes but i don't let that discourage me, i just work moving him out of the way into the routine sometimes LOL. Since you have smaller ones than me...u may wanna do it during nap time. It's easier to clean the house with the kids awake than it is to workout.

July 28th, 2009, 09:30 AM
..Wendy..'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Very good point Pamela. Thanks!
July 28th, 2009, 12:15 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Glad to know I'm not the only one that's been slacking, but dang you are right we need to knock this off and get on track!

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
July 28th, 2009, 12:53 PM
all i can see is a repeat of last year..i got to July made it from 210 to 187 and got stuck, then gained 10 lbs in the fall and was at 190 by Jan 1st...it was from there that i made it to where I am now 166...but when DH came home in June i weighed 161.8 when he arrived. UGH! We went on vacation and i was back to 166-168 and i have remained here since. I refuse to waste away another 6 months...heck another week. I want this so badly!

July 28th, 2009, 01:40 PM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so into this program. I am telling all my friends and anyone who will listen about it.

I love that it is a different workout everyday. You really cannot get bored! Plyo, Kempo and Yoga are so much fun. I can't do the pull ups on back days but you can do them modified with a chair and I am sooooo close to being able to do my first one without the chair!

The workouts are hard and either 1 hour (kempo and plyo), 1 hour and 15 minutes (the 3 weight/ab ripper days), or a hour and a half (yoga). I really like working out at home and not wasting my time with a 30 minute drive to the gym.

Your week on the classic program breaks down like this
Day 1 Chest and back/Ab ripper
Day 2 Plyo
Day 3 Arms and shoulders/ Ab ripper
Day 4 Yoga
Day 5 Legs and back/ Ab ripper
Day 6 Kempo
Day 7 Rest or X stretch

I am almost half way through and my body is really changing. I can see lines and muscles in my abs, arms, legs.

The eating plan is hard for me. The first phase (30 days) is high protein/low carb (40% protein, 30% carbs, 30% fat) and I am a marathon runner and I'm used to eating lots of carbs for endurance. It took some time to get used to.

Of course you could do all this without the P90x videos but I never pushed myself this hard on my own. I think it's perfect if you just want someone else to tell you what to do. I feel like Tony Horton is my personal trainer.
July 28th, 2009, 01:55 PM
I can't wait to start. I have been working on my diet plan and i am on day two of practice and i am doing so well! I have a gym membership but i gotta change it up and now it's time to hit the p90x then i'll probably do the gym again for a couple months with some p90x in there as my membership is up in april, but i've already paid it up.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search