Meal Planning

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 29th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Do you plan out your meals? If so, how far in advance do you plan them?

[IMG]h ttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/kellybabe05/natural2.gif[/IMG]
July 29th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Amy B.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I make about a month's or at least two week's worth of meal ideas out before I go grocery shopping each month (or every two weeks depending on my mood). I then make my grocery list from those meals. After I have the big list on my fridge, I make out my weekly plans. I generally do dinners, but I sometimes do lunches too (particularly in the summer when DH and I are both off work...teachers). I like to even plan my daily menu (snacks, breakfasts, beverages included) on here on the food and exercise thread early in the day if I can. I find I can stick to my plan better that way.

Oh, I also keep a running list of the meals I make or want to make to choose from. My list is at 130 meals right now, and it grows as I find more recipes I like or want to try. This keeps me from always making the same things every week or month.

Thank you, peimum, for my beautiful siggy!

Last edited by Amy B.; July 29th, 2009 at 02:55 PM.
July 29th, 2009, 03:05 PM
becky_mommyof4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i try to the day befpore or the morning of the meal

July 29th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
No.. This is something that I really would like to start doing though!
July 29th, 2009, 06:58 PM
peacoxx's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I usually do it the night before or in the morning BUT I am gonna try to do it a few days in advance to start.

Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

July 30th, 2009, 04:55 AM
THE angry uterus
I know mostly what I'm going to eat ahead of time, but I have been making 3-4 days of food ahead of time. ie cutting and prepping fresh fruits and veggies so I wont have to do that as I go, cause I wont! LOL Today is my last day off for the week, then I work loooong hours over the weekend. I will prep my breakfast, lunch, snacks and probably figure out what I will do for dinner today. If I'm really good, I will have at least part of monday set and ready to go too, but that makes me nervous as I don't want my food to go bad by that day...
July 30th, 2009, 05:18 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
When I am on the ball I will plan out a week at a time. With my kids all home for summer I have been sucking at it. Hopefully, we'll get back into a better routine with meal planning in the fall.

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
August 1st, 2009, 10:03 AM
TrainingWithTonya's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I plan meal choices for a week when I'm making my weekly grocery list, but I don't usually plan when we will eat them, except maybe like something simple for nights when we are all super busy. But I know what all I will eat for a week, just not the order I'll eat it in.
Masters in Exercise Science Starting August 2012 at the University of South Florida

August 1st, 2009, 11:01 AM
MamaAshley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
nope, I stink at meal planning and only know maybe tha tmonring what we'll have for dinner...I'm terrible at this and want to plan better to save more money, we're always running out for forgotten stuff, I hate that!

Ashley,doula and busy mom to:
Brianne 11
Colin 10
Kylie 9
Bryson 7
Noah 5

August 1st, 2009, 11:27 AM
TrainingWithTonya's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What works best for me is to plan out the main dishes for a week but mix and match the veggies. Like I'll plan 7 different meats/sides but just buy veggies randomly, as long as I get enough for 2 at each dinner. For breakfast, lunch, and snacks, I'll buy enough for those meals, but don't plan it down to the specific days. So, I'll write out 7 days worth of meals and make my grocery list from the required ingredients for each of those meals. Then the day or two before we decide Breakfast A, Lunch C, Dinner F, etc. from those lists of meal options. It really makes it easier with our crazy schedule since we never know who is actually going to be home first to make dinner. At least we know we have all the ingredients so we don't have to make any last minute trips to the store.
Masters in Exercise Science Starting August 2012 at the University of South Florida

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search