Need Support...

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 29th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I was doing SO well in March...up until Logan's birthday. Then all the stress of planning 3 birthday parties caught up with me, and I haven't been able to rein myself in yet. I feel so pathetic...every day I tell myself "Today is a new day." and every day not only do I fall off the wagon, I get RUN OVER. Again and again. I don't know how far I'm going to let myself go before I get ahold of myself. I don't even know what I expect you ladies to say. I just have no idea how to get a hold on things...

[IMG]h ttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/kellybabe05/natural2.gif[/IMG]
July 29th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Amy B.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Can you tell us how you're "falling off the wagon"? That might help me to give you some tips.

Thank you, peimum, for my beautiful siggy!

July 29th, 2009, 03:18 PM
becky_mommyof4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hug si was doing good till April i dint really drink soday maybe 1 a week and i hardly ever messed up and the end of april i started messing up all the time and drinking soada all the time o i hav ebeen going back and forth between gaining and losing 8lbs or so.. Hugs i know how you feel and i am here if you ened to talk

July 29th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Stress-eating...binge-eating...you name it. The only thing I don't do is I don't drink regular pop or alcohol, and I don't eat fast food very often. Maybe a few times a month if that.

[IMG]h ttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/kellybabe05/natural2.gif[/IMG]
July 29th, 2009, 06:53 PM
peacoxx's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think you should make sure not to be too hard on yourself. I feel like sometimes we hit ourselves over the head, get upset and then that makes it easier for us to cave in again. The same thing we are upset about is the same thing that provides temporary reprieve and satisfaction.

What helps me the most is when I literally plan my meals in the morning. As long as I know what I am going to eat next and when, I am usually less likely to eat unnecessary things.

Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

July 29th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Amy B.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I also find planning meals and everything I eat in advance really helps me too (see your other thread). As far as stress-eating, maybe try to do a hobby or read a book instead. I know some people like to take baths when they are stressed too. Don't keep food in the house that you're likely to go to when stressed or to binge on.

Thank you, peimum, for my beautiful siggy!

July 30th, 2009, 05:16 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
I've been having a heck of a time too this summer. I have found I have more problems with my eating during the summer than other times out of the year. I am a major binge eater so I can totally relate on this one. It is really hard. My best advice is to take it one day at a time and try to have more good days than bad. I know when I start binging it's hard for me not to spiral into the who cares why bother thinking. Just work on one day at a time on this. Count each day as a victory.

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
July 30th, 2009, 07:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree with taking it one day at a time and maybe getting fruits and veggies and healthy snacks, to snack on in the mean time (apples work wonders). Or when you get bored, clean the house or go for a walk. Or sit down with a bowl of grapes and eat those.
TTC #2 (6/2015): Sept 2015 - EP @ 5 weeks, lost right tube
Mar 2016 - EP, MTX
July 2016 - CP
IVF - Jan/Feb 2017
ER (2/2)- 14 retrieved ALL mature; 12 fertilized normally
ET (2/7) - xfer 1 5AA blast, 8 5AA/5AB frozen
BFP @ 3.5dp5dt **Stick Baby Stick***
1st Beta (2/21) ): 3768!!!2nd Beta (2/23): 7313!!!U/S (3/3): 1 Bop @ 111bpm! U/S (3/13): 150bpm Baby Boy Due Date: 10/26/17

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search