I need to join!

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 10th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Rebecca^'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Okay girls - since my son is 6m now I really feel like it is time to get back on the weightloss thing! I am still exclusively breastfeeding but E is now having solids 1-2 times per day in addition to breastfeeding and I don't know if it is mental or not but I just feel less hungry. Just by watching my own body and responding when I was really hungry and then stopping eating at the first sense that I was getting full - I managed to lose 6 pounds in the last 2 weeks but I need to lose about 50 more!

So I'd like to join you all if You'll have me. I'm off to get a ticker! I'm currently 184 and my goal for now is 135 - ultimately I'd love to be in the 120's but I don't want to push it for now!
August 11th, 2009, 04:06 AM
Amy B.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nice to see you over here! I'm currently at about 175 and want to see 135 also.

Thank you, peimum, for my beautiful siggy!

August 11th, 2009, 04:43 AM
becky_mommyof4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
HI and welcome.

You can do this and the girls here are great i started here in Jan 1st at 243lbs and am now at 188lbs thats 55lbs lost adn i dont think i could have done it with out these girls... good luck

August 11th, 2009, 04:44 AM
peacoxx's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi rebecca! Welcome to our board. I am Pamala, one of the cohosts. I have lost just under 50 lbs....i have to update my ticker again. Up until last week i have just been going to the gym, eliminated fried foods and sodas etc... Now i am on to p90x and my body fat just dropped 1% I checked againt his morning to make sure it wasn't a fluke LOL I have just lost 3 lbs on it too so I too am trying ot get to the 140 MAYBE 135 for me. DH doesn't want me to be too small ...but i haven't been under 150 in so long (and toned and healthy) at that idk what to expect LOL.

Anyways take a look around and feel free to ask a ton of questions!

Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

August 11th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Rebecca^'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
wow ladies. way to go! that is inspiring!
August 11th, 2009, 10:28 AM
peacoxx's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I will add that it is easier when you set your goals a little higher and closer to reach..Like first i was happy to get to 175, then when i got close i was like well dang, i can go to 160...now that i am close i know i wanna be smaller...so i was saying 150 but i wanna be smaller than that...let's go for the gusto...i know i was happiest when i weighed about 145, so let's do 140 LOL

Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

August 12th, 2009, 05:38 AM
TrainingWithTonya's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! I'm Tonya, your other co-host and a certified personal trainer and sports nutritionist. Making changes to your eating habits is great, but the only way to burn body fat is through exercise. What kind of exercise are you thinking about starting?
Masters in Exercise Science Starting August 2012 at the University of South Florida

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search