Fit Yummy Mommy

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 22nd, 2009, 04:43 PM
4boys
Has anyone ever heard of this/used this program? I think it is found at http://www.getfitandyummy.com. My cousin has been doing this since May or so and she has dropped at least 15 lbs and really looks good. She's had 5 kids too. I'm not really interested in paying for a program but I asked her about the workouts and apparently they are 15 minutes long and focus only on strength training, like doing squats, chest presses, stuff on an exercise ball, etc. She posted a link to one of the workouts on Facebook and I watched it. It was all about how these workouts would result in fat loss.

My question is....how can a 15 min. strength workout be considered a fat loss workout? I mean, I can't deny she looks great and she has changed a lot since she started doing this, but don't you need cardio?
August 22nd, 2009, 06:13 PM
peacoxx's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I bet you it's just like Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. It incorporates strength, cardio and core - interval training.

Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

August 23rd, 2009, 07:14 AM
ana410ny's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The more muscle you develop the better your body will be at burning off fat.
August 23rd, 2009, 08:53 AM
TrainingWithTonya's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's probably a combination of things. First of all, like Ana said, using weights builds muscle, which speeds resting metabolism by increasing calorie burn just to maintain itself. Second, the clips that I watched, they were moving fairly quickly for weight training, so it is probably more light weight, high rep stuff that is in the cardio zone for heart rate based on the speed of the movements. (Yes, weight training can be cardio if done correctly.) And finally, she offers a lot of healthy eating tips on her site, so I bet that the added activity isn't the only thing that participants are doing. Adding in activity generally stimulates healthy eating and other habits, so I'm sure anyone who is adding this 15 minutes is also walking up and down the stairs more, making healthier choices in their eating, and generally living healthier lives. Not to mention that people who start with only 15 minutes are generally way out of shape and generally lose weight faster then those of us who already workout more then that.
Masters in Exercise Science Starting August 2012 at the University of South Florida

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search