Too much sleep linked to weight gain?

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 24th, 2009, 01:48 PM
plan4fate's Avatar I may bend, but not break
I just had a doctor appointment today. She mentioned that the extreme sleep my body requires could possibly be making me gain weight. I'm now on a strict no more than 8 hours of sleep 6 days a week with an allotment of 10hours once a week "sleep diet" and she wants to see if that plus a sleeping medication that will let me sleep soundly will help me lose some weight. I start the Medication on September 4th and I see her on October 1st. She said with the proper sleep, more exercise and better diet she'd like to see no less than 5-10lbs of loss between now and then.

10lbs seems extreme to me, but she is my doctor and I figure there is a lot of water weight in there with how bloated I get daily.

Has anyone heard about too much sleep making you gain weight?

August 24th, 2009, 03:08 PM
ana410ny's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The only thing I can think of is that if you are having too much sleep then chances are you aren't moving around much or eating and sleeping, which means you are not burning as much calories in a day as you should therefor causing you to gain weight. (somewhat like living a sedentary life)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search