New here!

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 25th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Cheet_oh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello everyone! I'm Angela (33), I'm married to Doug (28) and I have four beautiful children, Steven (16 in 4 days), Sebastian (14), Yaasmina (9) and Ava (2 weeks today).

I of course am two weeks post-partum and I started my pregnancy with Ava at 185lbs. I gained 27lbs with the pregnancy and as of August 20, I weighed 194. I've lost 18 lbs so far, and that's from BF.

My abdominal muscles are separated as an effect of pregnancy. I was told I should wait a month or two to exercise so as to avoid injury. Does anyone know what kind of exercise would be safe?

My goal is to get down to 135. And my more prevalent goal is to lose the "deflated tire" belly that having a fourth baby has left me with. I have a pooch from my previous babies and I don't know if I'll be able to lose all that weight from exercise and diet alone and no surgical help (which I don't want to do).

I'll be posting pictures in the weightloss pictures and measurements (Don't have measurements) and charting my progress with all of you and I look forward to meeting you.

August 25th, 2009, 04:45 PM
benandali's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi! Congrats on the beautiful baby! My DD is 11 weeks today. Only my 2nd but I too have the lovely mommy pooch I need to get rid of!
I'd say since you are only 2 weeks PP to not really do any exercises per say. Start my taking walks w/ the baby. And then increase from there!
August 25th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Cheet_oh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Belated congrats on your beautiful one as well!! Ok, so just walking, got it...thanks for your response!

August 25th, 2009, 06:06 PM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
Welcome Angela!

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
August 25th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Amy B.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome and congrats on the new little one! I would start slowly with walking. Then, you can move up to more rigorous exercises and strength training. Don't start too soon. I did have my last c-section and was feeling it for a week or two (exercise bike).

Thank you, peimum, for my beautiful siggy!

August 25th, 2009, 08:23 PM
peacoxx's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
congrats on your new LO. Iwould hold off on doing any exercise until you are 6 weeks PP and your doctor gives you clearance. But of course working on your eating habits (suitable for BF'ing) will help. IDK if one of those PP belly support things would work. If you do walk, i would take it easy, just stroll if anything. Sometimes we feel okay but our bodies are not ready and you don't wanna pay for it later.

Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

August 26th, 2009, 04:08 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Congrats on your newest arrival and welcome to the board! I agree walking would be a great start. Tonya can probably help you with the abdominal separation question. She's pretty good at fielding those type of questions.

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
August 26th, 2009, 04:58 AM
becky_mommyof4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi and Welcome
COngrats on the new baby. The girls here are great i have lost 55 lbs sicne being here and i dont think i could hav edone it without these girls i have tryed...

good luck

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search