Special K Challenge

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 4th, 2006, 12:09 PM
celeste's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
As anybody tried it? I've thought about it and if I haven't lost the weight by a few months before my wedding then I'll see if it works. It doesn't sound that bad, but trying to curve your hunger is what gets me. But I do love their Special K bars. But replace two bowls of cereal with two meals a day and eat the other meal as normal you are supposed to drop a jean size in 2 weeks. And for snacks you can eat fruit or their bars. Just wondering what others thought of it.
October 4th, 2006, 12:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I haven't tried it as general speaking fad diets don't work but at least this one is only for two weeks. I don't think I'd be able to look at another Special K bar or bowl of cereal for a long while after doing it though. Besides as soon as you stop the challenge you are bound to pile weight back on, or at least that has been my experience with any diet which cannot be sustained over a long period or which limits you to a short list of items that you can eat.

Canada's Food Guide put out by Health Canada is a good diet (ie. way of eating) and I would have to think the US has something similar.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
October 4th, 2006, 02:44 PM
melissa29624's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
there is no way i could do that..ever..

i have to eat real food and a variety of it..or else i'll fail
October 4th, 2006, 03:11 PM
~*Dina*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I attempted it years ago, I didnt last long because I cant eat THAT much cereal. If you decide to try it, good luck to you and keep us informed on your progress

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

October 4th, 2006, 03:17 PM
*Ashley*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have never tried but think it would work if you were just doing it for a few weeks to drop a size for a special occasion (your wedding). I wouldn't think that it would work long term though because you can't eat cereal forever.

Thank you Katarina for my fabulous siggy!

October 4th, 2006, 03:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
i love cereal so i did try this a while back. i couldnt do it for more than a few days. i have more will power now so maybe i could handle it. it was just so hard to not have anything but cereal and fruit. i love special k though.

October 4th, 2006, 08:37 PM
nikkim382's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
it sounds good to mee....i eat a lot of ceral anyways...let me know what happens if you do try it out...

Waiting patiently for my little Leila
</div></div><div align="center">
</div><div align="center">
</div>
October 5th, 2006, 06:49 AM
celeste's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well I love real food too, I was just seeing if anybody else tried it. I like cereal, but I have this thing about milk! I HATE milk, and I think eating nothing but cereal would make me sick!!! But thanks girls If I get desperate maybe I'll try it!!
October 5th, 2006, 07:11 AM
melissa29624's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
wow..hating milk..i'd think it would be kinda hard to do..

have you tried that soy milk...what's it called..silk?

good luck if you decide to try it!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search