New Here

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2008, 03:00 PM
Regular
Hey everyone :-) Im Beth a mommy to 3 wonderful kiddos ages 2, 3, and 5. My day is pretty busy running after them all but DH and I are now taking the time to get ourselves back in shape. We both used to be athletic but let ourselves go over the last 10 years. Slowly over the last year we have started to eat better but not as good as we should and we have also started slowly working into a workout plan. We've only been doing an exercise bike 4 times a week for 30 min at a time and Ive just started doing a video called The Biggest Loser Power Sculpt that a friend reccomended and also working with some 5lbs weights. . We are getting our tredmil back that I was storing at my moms house and I have one of those Gazelle things. So I have a start I believe. Im going to check out what all the rest of you are doing on here and also if anyone has any tips I would love to hear them :-) Well I look forward to getting to know you all and I hope you dont mind if another mommy joins you all
DD- Brianna Adrienne 5/27/04
DS- Dylan Tyler 3/2/2006
Angel babies- 6/01 & 10/01

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZrAntk/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
March 28th, 2008, 07:56 PM
Amy B.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! It sounds like you're off to a good start! I have used some of the things you mentioned...Gazelle, exercise bike, and the BL video. I also love BL video one and Cardio Max. My fave exercise videos are Turbo Jam.

As for food, check out my "I Can Make You Thin" threads for what I've been doing lately. I lost 3.5 pounds this week following that.

Good luck!

Thank you, peimum, for my beautiful siggy!

March 28th, 2008, 08:41 PM
peacoxx's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to peacoxx
Welcome...I am a newbie here too. I have a gazelle...i think i need to slowly work my laziness out of my body to start using it or maybe the Celebrity Fitness DVD i got. Good luck to you!~

Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

March 30th, 2008, 08:43 AM
TrainingWithTonya's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TrainingWithTonya
Welcome! I'm Tonya, your other co-host and a certified personal trainer and sports nutritionist. I'm here to help if you need anything.

I have a gazelle at the gym and love it. It's just more fun to me then the treadmill, although I have a treadmill at home too. Do you have any heavier weights? I found that when I was losing my weight (I'm in more of a maintenance phase now.) that I saw better results with weight training then anything else because muscle burns calories even when we aren't exercising. With weights, though, you have to progress in your weight or in higher reps to keep seeing results. Good luck with your goals! I look forward to seeing you progress toward them!
Masters in Exercise Science Starting August 2012 at the University of South Florida

March 31st, 2008, 01:59 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Welcome Beth! Good luck to you on your weight loss and glad to have you join us!

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
March 31st, 2008, 03:11 PM
~*Dina*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi, I'm Dina, nice to meet you, I Look forward getting to know you! Good luck w/your weightloss.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search