Changes around here and a great resource!

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 2nd, 2008, 07:57 AM
willischomp's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to willischomp
We have made some changes around here the past week or so. My brother in law and his wife are having marital problems again so he moved in with us. My father in law, who is 91 years old lived with them so he has moved in with us too! Needless to say,
I felt like I needed to get myself a little more organized with schedules, routines and record keeping. I have found the perfect tool for doing this!! I am really loving using The Schoolhouse Planner from The Old Schoolhouse! This is a great resource for homeschoolers. I have been looking and looking for a planner to use but just haven't ever found one that I really loved. This one has so many features that I am so excited about. One that I really love is all the forms for record keeping,planning and schedules. The best part about these,is the fact that I can type in the information and save that information on the forms. Then I can print what I need, when I need it. I can then go back and edit the forms for each new week or month, and use the forms over and over again. The info that stays the same from week to week doesn't need to be filled in again each time, I can just change what I need to and keep the rest the same which saves a lot of time. I also like the variety in the forms. They have included different styles so you can pick which one you like the best, for everything from grades, book lists, lesson planning,menu planning, household planning and more. Besides all of that, they have included tons of other features. There are great recipes for each month, resource lists, lesson plan ideas, interesting information and lots of homeschooling tips. I am really amazed at how much is in this planner. Every time I look at it I find some new little tidbit. If anyone is looking for a way to help stay organized, I really do recommend this one!!

September 2nd, 2008, 10:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow, Chandra those are some big changes in your house. I hope the transition goes smoothly for everyone involved.

Glad you found a good planner. I agree, it is hard to find one that incorporates everything you want it to have.

SciGuy,14 Butterfly Girl,12 Wyldchild,7 FlowerFairy,5 and Babybird,3

and RK, 13, exchange student from Japan

My Homeschooling Blog:
September 2nd, 2008, 11:54 AM
grunig's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to grunig Send a message via Yahoo to grunig
So it is this better than Homeschool Tracker?

Mom to Talen, Trent, and Thorne

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waAmfrF/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
September 2nd, 2008, 12:26 PM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
Wow, that'll be a big adjustment! Good luck getting all organized.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

September 2nd, 2008, 04:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Whew, you do have a lot going on. I'm glad you're enjoying your new planning tool.

September 3rd, 2008, 01:11 AM
Momma Jo's Avatar Monsters Ed
Wow, you have allot going on. Hope it settles for you soon.

Is that planner downloadable?
September 3rd, 2008, 07:05 AM
willischomp's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to willischomp
Yes, it is a download!
September 5th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Veteran
I hope that the new additions to your family go smoothly and I am so glad that you found something to keep you organized! Don't you just love a good find?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search