Hi noobie here :)

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 10th, 2008, 07:11 AM
mystimay's Avatar Queen LaClotha
Hi ladies! I have read over your board for awhile, but I don't think I ever made a formal introduction of myself.
I am active on the DDB (Dec) and the cloth diaper board here. But I thought it might be nice to have a place to come for my two older monkey's.!

I am Mysti, Mommy to Madison, 7, and in the second grade, and Quinn, 4, and very smart, doing what I consider to be a lax kinder this year. (we're moving in 3 weeks, and expecting a baby soon (Sawyer, due Dec 26) , so I am trying not to over do it).

My children have never, and at this point probably never will attend public school lol, California is notorious for bad schools. My dd is in a 'charter' type school, which we're not super happy with, but the curriculum is free, and I still have a lot of teaching freedom. It was a great way to get started in learning the criteria she needs to meet. I have a feeling however, that we'll branch out and do our own thing once my son is out of Kinder. I am kinda tired of rules constantly changing and feeling as though I am loosing a bit of say over her education. One of the reasons we chose to homeschool in the first place.

I should add, I am also a full time college student, pursuing my BS at the moment, about a year away, from having a degree in psychology, I will then pursue my MS in family marriage and child counseling. Hoping to work with lower income families and teach college psychology courses in addition. This enables me to continue to be home with my children during the day, and work a few nights a week. Not a bad gig if you ask me. following your dream, but still able to support your kids. I am active in my church, here, but since we're moving ... we'll see how long it takes to find a new one. I teach piano lessons for a little bit of spare money, that too will change when we move as well.

I am an open book. I have no problem explaining why or how I choose to school my kids. My husband and I spent many long hours discussing the option, and we feel fully vindicated every day about our decision.

I look forward to knowing you ladies, and receiving and giving advise

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search