JO (Kitty-cat)

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 26th, 2008, 12:00 AM
Momma Jo's Avatar Monsters Ed
We are moving to either Oz or NZ after Katie's born

What are the laws there regarding homeschooling? I'm not keen on putting D into school at least till his health improves (or at all at this stage) and I don't want to arrive there and be totally clueless, LOL

Tx Hun
September 26th, 2008, 05:47 AM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry Jolenec I wasn't on yesterday and was away all day today so I am only just seeing this as I am heading off to bed.

Each state has it's own laws. Some of them are a bit sticky. NZ laws from the one person I know from there sound just as if not more tedious. A lot of people over here don't register. I actually joined an American umbrella school which counts Sarah as an internationaly enroled student. This may or may not legally cover me here. I don't want to ask and open a can of worms. I'm from Queensland and the law isn't concerned over privet school children which if it ever comes to it I hope Sarah would legaly be. The law says nothing about where privet students need to be enrolled.

Which State would you be looking at?

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
September 26th, 2008, 06:55 AM
Momma Jo's Avatar Monsters Ed
Thanks for the Info I'm not sure yet, it all depends on where Steven gets work. Its all up in the air right now, but with the political instability here we need to get out ASAP and are even looking at political asylum as a last resort. Its all rather hair raising and stressful.
September 26th, 2008, 03:19 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yikes that sounds bad. Hope you get out soon. Apart from some tedious laws Australia is a great place to live. Very laid back.

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search