A Brand New, Early Morning Post!!

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 10th, 2006, 03:32 AM
KarateMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KarateMom
Would you believe that I woke up at 3:30 when my hubby got up and couldn't go back to sleep? So, I got online and paid bills, and now I'm posting HERE!! (I thought of you, Kanga!) What my hubby doesn't understand is that when I'm THIS awake, I can't just lie back down and try to go to sleep...I've got to get up and at least read or I'll just lie there and get frustrated and usually end up worrying about something inane. (This morning it was the fact that I'm supposed to take a turkey to our MiniChurch tomorrow night which means I should have bought it on Wednesday and started thawing it!! )

SO, I'm going to do a poll of sorts!

1. What was your favorite thing that you did in school this week?

2. What are your plans for this weekend?

3. What do you worry about most with homeschooling?

4. What do you worry about most in life?

5. What is your favorite room in your house?

6. If you could only eat one meal every night for dinner for the rest of your life, what would it be?

7. Do you have any pets? If so, what and "who" are they?
__________________________________________________ ______________________

1. What was your favorite thing that you did in school this week? We've done a lot of Thanksgiving-themed activities, and I LOVE doing things like that. I helped them make turkey's out of their hands and then we used those pics to do math by feeding" them corn pieces and counting how many they were fed (for addition) or how many they had left over (for subtraction). Well, for Deco I'd just say "Give the turkey x-amount-of pieces of corn!" and have him count the corn.

2. What are your plans for this weekend? Today we are meeting some friends at a McDonald's to play on the cool new playground. Then tomorrow is MiniChurch (complete with my frozen turkey!) and Sunday is a birthday party for a friend of Reilly's. THEN Troy is on vacation for a week!!! Yippee! (Actually, we technically start his vacation TODAY when he gets off work!) We're going to go to Branson, MO on Wednesday.

3. What do you worry about most with homeschooling? That I'm not teaching enough or that I'm going to slow...or that I'm screwing her up for life by getting frustrated too much while I'm teaching. I have a problem with that and it bugs the life out of me. If she was in PS, her teacher wouldn't be saying "WHAT SOUND DOES 'OW' MAKE!! AAAAAAG!" (Not that I really scream "aaaag" like that, but you get the idea!)

4. What do you worry about most in life? MONEY MONEY MONEY! Bills and money! And that I'm screwing my kids up for life!!

5. What is your favorite room in your house? I asked that question and then thought "Hmm, that's a hard question!" The only room I don't like in my house is the livingroom because it's all done in wood paneling so it's kind of dark! Probably most of all, I love The Kids rooms. We worked so hard painting them before they were born and they turned out so cute. Deco's is two colors of blue with a white "border" in the middle (white paint, basically) and a dinosaur stencil border that I did and Reilly's is bright yellow with a Classic Pooh border at the top (you don't really notice it) and big, light blue letters stencilled on the walls. I also love my bedroom when there aren't piles of laundry to be folded!

6. If you could only eat one meal every night for dinner for the rest of your life, what would it be? Mmmmm, prime rib, baked potato and salad with good blue cheese dressing...yum. Now I'm drooling!

7. Do you have any pets? If so, what and "who" are they? We have two dogs: JoJo is a 11-year-old toy poodle and Holly is a 4-year-old Norwegian Elkhound. We also have a 4-month-old white-ish kitty named Supercat, but we call him Supey and we joke that he's a boneless cat because he's so laid back! Oh, and we have two aquariums with assorted fish in them, although I pointed out to Troy and Reilly the other day that fish are more decoration than they are pets!

You're never fully dressed without a SMILE!!

November 10th, 2006, 04:53 AM
JustAKrazymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JustAKrazymom Send a message via MSN to JustAKrazymom

Ugh.. is it bad to say nothing? Ok not totally true..but HSing a 7th grader isn't that much fun..rofl.. With Declan it was utilizing the learning posters.

I have to work tomorrow from 8:30-12ish. Lovely.. Noah was supposed to be with us so having the 3 wee ones wouln't be as much of an issue, but now he's going to a friends..so this outta be a trip tomorrow..FUN!
Sunday no plans.. we want to get Christmas lights up while the weather is still good.

With Noah it's that we waited so long, and I can never make up for what he lacked inschool. That I am not teaching the right stuff, and heck that I really don't do a ton of "teaching" because most of his work is independant.

4. What do you worry about most in life? My kids growing up without me..scares the crap outta me, or loosing one of them..again scares the crap outta me. yes I do think about it daily.. I don't dwell..but I do think about it. Day to day I worry about money and the usual crap.

My new family room. Used to be a dark panelled downstairs ( we have a split level) room, now it's a bright warm awesome room ( thank you Dh). I also love my kids rooms. Jadziah's is soo girly girly, I worked hard in there.. Declan's is Thomas the Tank Engine complete with a mural, Taejan's is Mickey Mouse. We are switching the boys because Dekkie has started outgrowing the Thomas theme, but Taejan loves Thomas!

6. If you could only eat one meal every night for dinner for the rest of your life, what would it be? Ack.. um.. Slow Cooked roast, roasted potato's and fresh green beans.

7. Do you have any pets? If so, what and "who" are they? Yup.. We have Wrenna a beautiful yet often naughty kitty cat!
November 10th, 2006, 05:31 AM
Kangaroo510
Oh, I love you guys! I saw this post and felt all warm and fuzzy! (might also be the coffee).

See, I didn't get on as early today but not because I wasn't up! I've been up since 4:45! Somebody help me!!!!!! Dahlia woke to eat at 3:30 and was back in her bed at 4 and I was in mine at 4:05 and she woke up again at 4:45 and just wanted to be held. We are going through a needy stage I guess! I would pick her up, she'd fall asleep, I'd put her down and as soon as I walked out of her room she'd wake up. I finally gave up at 6:30 (after she took a few 5 min. naps) and we got up, made the coffee and here we are. She's sitting in her bouncer just cooing away, eating her favorite teddy bear and I'm sucking down the coffee (with egg nog!!) hoping that she will at some point today take a nap that last longer than 30 min! We tell her daily that she is lucky that she is so cute otherwise we might have sent her back to the hospital!

Anyway, lets see how far I can get through this before she decides teddy just isn't enough!

Not doing school!! haha My favorite thing I did this week in general life was watching my critter roll over for the first time!

None right at the moment unfortunately. We are the most boring people to be honest. Being a young couple that owns there own company doesn't make for much extra cash, then add a baby! Actually I think she's cheaper than my husband is!! Hopefully I'll come up with something fun to do!

Right now I dont' have any worries. I'm just so excited to do it! I'll save the worrying for later!

That I will have a lot of regrets. That I will miss so many chances to do something wonderful. Oh, and now that I have a kid I worry about her pretty much all the time! My mom says it never ends.. even when they are 22.

Dahlia's room is the coolest by far! We are in an apartment so we can't paint but her room has beautiful matching furniture (which I paid for in work hours for the people I nanny for so it was technically free), curtains, her name up on the wall and just an overall quietness. Her room is done in Sage green and white and it's just so tranquil.

6. If you could only eat one meal every night for dinner for the rest of your life, what would it be? Steak, corn on the cob, augratin potatos with a salad and a side of pizza, mac and cheese, shrimp scampi, taco salad and of course some cake for dessert!

No real ones right now. We have a stuffed weiner dog named Argyle and he is very loved!!

Look pictures!

Dahlias wall above her crib...

Dahlia and Argyle in the hospital

Me and my critter!

Ok, enough from me!
November 10th, 2006, 06:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
1. What was your favorite thing that you did in school this week? Well we haven't actually done much this week. I would have to say the lunchon at the pre-school he goes to.

2. What are your plans for this weekend? laudrey, cleaning and welcoming my sisters son to the family

3. What do you worry about most with homeschooling? keeping fun and interesting without blowing a huge budget

4. What do you worry about most in life? money and bills

5. What is your favorite room in your house? I don't know I'm not parshal to any room.

6. If you could only eat one meal every night for dinner for the rest of your life, what would it be?chicken and moneray jack cheese w/ spanish rice

7. Do you have any pets? If so, what and "who" are they?I have a crazy cat. He climbs walls stalks and attacks the air. He keeps us pretty amused now if he could only learn to go in the litter box and not beside it.

November 10th, 2006, 07:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
1. What was your favorite thing that you did in school this week? [color=#3333FF] Learning new Geography songs. The kids and I both get a kick out of those songs. We are now learning all the countries of Africa- it's going to take awhile.

2. What are your plans for this weekend? Tomorrow is our anniversary and it's a special one. The date will be 11/11 and it's our 11th anniversary, so we are hoping to do something nice.

3. What do you worry about most with homeschooling? That my kids are missing out on being with other kids their age. I worry about my frustation level too, but I'm working on that.

4. What do you worry about most in life? My kids health and safety

5. What is your favorite room in your house? Probably our schoolroom since it is the coziest room of the house.

6. If you could only eat one meal every night for dinner for the rest of your life, what would it be? Hmm, maybe pasta with mozzarella cheese and fresh veggies

7. Do you have any pets? If so, what and "who" are they? a couple of fish, boring but easy to take care of

SciGuy,14 Butterfly Girl,12 Wyldchild,7 FlowerFairy,5 and Babybird,3

and RK, 13, exchange student from Japan

My Homeschooling Blog:
November 10th, 2006, 08:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We went to the Detroit Science Center wich was really really cool. Xander absolutly loved it. In their Planetarium they had a program that was themed with Mr. Roger's Neighborhood. They pointed out the Big Dipper and the Little one with the North Star and Orion. Xander absolutly loved it. They also had this great place for kids under 6 to play in too. It had computers just for little ones... (Xander could've done that all day) They had places for crafts and big foam legos to play with, which Lucas loved. It was just really neat. Xander even liked dong some stuff that wasn't in the 6 and under part. He loved trying to pull the levers and playing with the K'nex that were out on a table and walking through a model of the human heart. It was a lot of fun.

As of right now we have nothing. Probably start packing because we found a bigger rental house we like. We decided to rent again because it looks like in a year or so we might be moving out of state and we don't want to deal with all the hassles of selling a house too!

That I'm not doing enough for Xander. He's so intelligent and wants to do so much more then we do in an average 'school' day. I want him to play though... that's such an important part of learning and I don't want him to overload either.

Money mostly. With Mark helping his brother start up an electrical company.... money has been a bit tight. But we're getting buy and it looks like someover time might be coming our way.

At this house... I don't like a single room. At the new house... the plans I have for the School/Playroom will make it my favorite room.

6. If you could only eat one meal every night for dinner for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Homemade chicken alfredo... soooo bad for you but it tastes sooooo good.

We don't have any pets... Xander wants a dog though in the worst way.
November 10th, 2006, 08:55 AM
Shery's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
**The jello cell....and of course the skating trip with the school group

**Saturday morning, I hope to get my hair cut. Saturday afternoon, we are going to Eli's birthday party...woo hoo. Sunday...church.
Tonight, I am thinking of asking Jeff if the two of us can go out and do something together...a movie or something.

**Keeping the kids happy socially. So far, this hasn't been a problem. They have made so many friends since starting our homeschooling.

**Raising my children with good Christian morals. Seeing all of my children saved. Patrick and Carter have both accepted Christ. I feel that Madison is being convicted in her heart, she just hasn't made the move.

**Mine

**Probably a tuna sandwich. I ate this nearly every day on my 9 month intership in school. I would make it with apple for a few weeks and then with onion. I truely never got tired of it.

**Yes, Ginger, our Yorkie.
November 10th, 2006, 03:08 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kangaroo510 love the pics. I know what having your own buisness is like. My dh is the towns only locksmith. last night itself was actualy a good night, the first this week. Then 6.30am I'm woken by our doorbell! Arrggg! one of dh customers had come to pick up his lock. Ah hello, people it's Saturday morning!! I heard the guy say "is it too early for you all" oh duh.

lol so onto to Lisa's questions

I'm enjoying a more relaxed 'summer' programme of just grabbing a couple of games. On Thu we did patterning with buttons and an ABC floor puzzle and some more paper machette. Now we are ready to get to the fun part of adding the lollies and joining both sides together to make the pinarta ball.

Nothing exciting here except for seeing dd bike go up. Her birthday is on Wed (Tue for you guys) I'de love dh to finish cleaning up that shed stuff still sitting on our driveway.

That I wont be able to offer my daughter enough social time. Also that people will think she is behind.

That one or both my kids will die, that they will be hurt badly either physicaly or emotionaly. That they will reject Christ. I try not to think about any of that because it makes me feel sick.

Whichever is cleanest!

Oh golly lol. I think a really tender steak cooked to how I like it with loads of mushroom sauce. Acompanied by perfectly done crispy roast potatos and pumpkin with a side plate of fried cheese bread and a bowl of Sherry Trifle for desert. mmmm when can we eat! Seeing you asked I asume your cooking Lisa! make mine medium well, thanks.

We have two cats, Missy Mischief (Missy) and tia-maria(TeTe) (She came already named!). 3 cooks aparantly called Sarah, Danielle and Blackie (acording to my dd lol) and two fish called Nemo and Rosey.

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
November 11th, 2006, 09:02 AM
Jenneve's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No school this week

Did my Christmas shopping for the kids last night; today, I have to get groceries at some point and then it's The Ultimate Fighter finale tonight (woohoo!); tomorrow remains to be seen....

that my kids won't have any friends their own age

I worry about my oldest ds's longterm health (diabetic)

none! I hate the house we're in now and so want to remodel but we have to wait until it's paid off in a couple of years.

hmmm, not sure. maybe grilled pork chops with sweet potatoes, maccaroni & cheese, salad w/ranch dressing, and rolls. Yummy!

We have a 1 yr old Rat terrier/Jack Russell mix named Dottie (because of all her "dots").
Jared 8/25/01
Justin 10/18/02

My blogs...
Fishers of Men *UPDATED 8/7/09*
Truely Scrumptious Cakes *UPDATED 7/28/09*

November 11th, 2006, 09:09 AM
Jenneve's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
no school this week

christmas shopping for the kiddos last night; grocery shopping today; the Ultimate Fighter finale tonight (woohoo!); and tomorrow remains to be seen

that my kids won't have close friends their own ages

my oldest ds's longterm health (he's diabetic)

none! I really don't like this house. We want to either remodel or rebuild, but we have to wait until we finish paying this one off in a couple years.

grilled pork chops, sweet potatoes, mac & cheese, salad w/ranch dressing, and rolls! Yummy!

We have a 1 year old Rat terrier/Jack Russell mix named Dottie (because of all her "dots").
Jared 8/25/01
Justin 10/18/02

My blogs...
Fishers of Men *UPDATED 8/7/09*
Truely Scrumptious Cakes *UPDATED 7/28/09*

November 13th, 2006, 12:06 PM
willischomp's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to willischomp
Quote:

__________________________________________________ ______________________[/b]
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans Ms">I am late answering....just now getting a minute.

1) We did a science experiment on surface tension that Kristen really enjoyed. Also, we just TOOK A DAY OFF because we felt like it ( I acutally had to run some errands)!!

2) Weekend is over but we just hung out on Saturday. Saturday night my brother came to stay so he could babysit the kids while DH and I went to a NFL game on Sunday in Jacksonville.

3) I worry I won\'t be able to teach Morgan to read and I won\'t be able to teach all of them everything they need to learn.

4) My kids being hurt and loosing my kids or DH.

5) My bedroom.

6) HMMMM, I love food so it is hard to pick just one, probably either steak or pizza.

7) No pets here, we have too many allergies and asthma (</span>
November 13th, 2006, 12:14 PM
JustAKrazymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JustAKrazymom Send a message via MSN to JustAKrazymom
We are taking today off.. I just don't want to deal..rofl. He is doing his ongoing Egypt project..but that's it..rofl..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search