Log In Sign Up

Weird question

Forum: Choosing to Vaccinate


Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 9th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Posts: n/a
I find myself in a weird position at the moment. I'm so tried I can't think

When DD#1 was 15 months she got her standerd vaccinations. A month later we were transfered to a new family doctor because our old one was moving. Somehow in this mess DD#1's 18 month boosters, and her 2 years MMR were missed I thought for some reason she had them

Now the daycare brought this to our attention and we've been told that Kayla will be removed if she doesn't get it. Not a huge deal since I wanted her to have them anyway.

However they want me to come in tomorrow to do both at the same time. Somehow this seems wrong. Should these be spaced? I can't remember right now I am to tired to shift through all my paperwork, so I came here.

thanks guys
Reply With Quote
March 9th, 2009, 06:36 PM
LisaW's Avatar Blessed Mama
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 183
I had a completely brilliant post but I accidentally deleted it. LOL

I think you can have some of the 12 month and 18 month shots together. Once your child hits 18 months, she's old enough to get both the 12 and 18 month vaccines. Most of the vaccines at these ages are at either one or the other age and not both. So you wouldn't receive the 2nd and 3rd dose of one vaccine.

I believe that's the case. Your doctor obviously knows better than I do.

Here's the cdc schedule: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/recs/sch...olor-print.pdf

My Scentsy Website
Email Me!
Reply With Quote
March 9th, 2009, 08:02 PM
Posts: n/a
She already got the 12 month shots and the 15 months, just nothing after that. So the 18 month DPTP&hib and the 2 year MMR. *she got the first MMR at 13 months*

Everything else is fine.

Not sure what the difference is in the schedual for US vs Canada
Reply With Quote
March 9th, 2009, 08:46 PM
HunterandLandonsmom's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bellevue/Omaha, NE
Posts: 570
I think it would be ok, since she is older especially...but for me even just spacing them a month out would make me feel better. Can you not do that?

Reply With Quote
March 10th, 2009, 12:23 AM
Zanahoria's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Jackson, MS
Posts: 4,418
Originally Posted by HunterandLandonsmom View Post
I think it would be ok, since she is older especially...but for me even just spacing them a month out would make me feel better. Can you not do that?
I was going to say the same thing.
Reply With Quote
March 10th, 2009, 03:34 AM
Posts: n/a
I'm not sure if they'll wait a month. If they wont and I can't take her, I either loose her spot which we need since I will be returning to work shortly, or we pay anyway.

Maybe all they need is a written note from the doctor. I mean she IS getting them. I know there were forms I filled out for Karrigan because she is behind on some of hers. We're doing a delayed vaccine schedual for her because of her medical issues. I want to be sure she has them, but we're doing things a little slower for her. Course it doesn't help that for 2 sets of shots she ended up sick so she was behind even more.

I'll have to do some more digging. See what I can find. I need to actually meet with the director tomorrow morning about this. I'm sure there is a way to work this out, I mean she's technically been there nearly 2 years without her shots up to date. Which I feel really bad about.
Reply With Quote
March 10th, 2009, 11:33 AM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 22,604
You can get those together, no worries. They will do them in separate thighs. We had to get Gus caught up for school in a bit of a rush when he started preschool and he got his MMR, Hib, DTaP, HepB & PCV the same day, no issues whatsoever.

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

Reply With Quote
March 10th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Posts: n/a
Apparently it was her mennigicocal and second MMR that were missing. She now has both. Its all fixed now.
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0