.......and Dr. Sears' rebuttal to Dr. Proffit's attack

Forum: Choosing Not to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing Not to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 30th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Tribeca's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
http://www.askdrsears.com/thevaccinebook/

I gotta say that some of what he says seems just as ignorant to me as Dr. Proffit. I'm not a big Sears fan, but I do respect that he encouarges parental choice. Here are some things he says that I have issue with

Quote:
Now I realize that pharmaceutical companies do so much good for our health and the field of medicine, and that such negative occurrences are rare. As a pediatrician I put my trust in them everyday by prescribing their products, including Merck vaccines, to my patients[/b]
ummm helloooo. It happens all the time not rarely. Read any testimonial of the many Big Pharma whislteblowers out there!

Quote:
On my website, I dispel a myth that’s been going around that the PC vaccine is no longer important, and is causing other emerging strains, and I urge parents to continue getting the current PC vaccine until an expanded one comes available.[/b]
ummmm not a myth. Not saying the Pc vaccine does not do what it is supposed to but Serotype replacement is not a myth...It's also well documented in the literature.

Quote:
I agree that vaccine safety testing is very extensive, and in my mind it is very adequate. What we could improve is the long-term safety research.[/b]
ummm mouse weight gain safety test anyone...google it....that's extensive and adequate???

Quote:
Once again, I am respectfully thankful for this constructive criticism. Dr. Offit is right. We shouldn’t view reported reactions in VAERS as actual vaccine reactions, and I shouldn’t have used such numbers to determine statistical risks. I do, however, point out in the book that we don’t know that VAERS reports are actual vaccine reactions. T[/b]
ok so what are they...made up?? They are real things that happen to real kids. Can they be proved? maybe not, but that doesn't mean they don't matter!

Quote:
I state that vaccine critics worry that “unknown infectious particles or . . . foreign DNA in [human and animal] tissues may cause problems . . .” I end the section with “At this time, I can’t offer any good evidence to support these worries . . .”[/b]
Gee Dr. Sears can you offer any evidence that they DON"T cause problems?? NO

I could go on and on, but I have to go home to my son!!

"An error can never become true however many times you repeat it. The truth can never be wrong, even if no one ever hears about it." Mahatma Gandhi
"Doctors put drugs of which they know little, into bodies of which they know less, for diseases of which they know nothing at all.” Voltaire
"A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth." Albert Einstein
December 30th, 2008, 02:14 PM
Jewinjuwa's Avatar We walk by faith
I think Sears was too nice, but I'm glad he set the record straight on some stuff, and made Offit look like an ##### I don't agree with everything Sears said either, but it's better, I guess.
December 30th, 2008, 05:14 PM
Tofu Bacon
Sigh. Dr. Sears, there's an old saying that goes "There's nothing in the middle of the road but yellow stripes and a bunch of roadkill."
December 30th, 2008, 08:07 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
After reading your quotes, I decided to not even read it...I get way way way to angry about that and I would jsut sit here and want to throw my computer and go out and save the world from vaccines haha!

Today I was sitting the dr office and seen a ton of advertisments for vaccines (of course) and thought to myself...wow, I would love to tear all these down throw them in teh middle of my peds office and set them on fire...I was a lil angry just finished reading Mother Warriors today lol
December 30th, 2008, 10:17 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
Quote:
Sigh. Dr. Sears, there's an old saying that goes "There's nothing in the middle of the road but yellow stripes and a bunch of roadkill."[/b]

Vaccines are just one of the only areas I disagree with Dr. Sears on.

Quote:
I was a lil angry just finished reading Mother Warriors today lol[/b]
I know. It's hard to read that and then see so many doctors, and people DISREGARD what those mothers have to say. It makes my feminist sense tingle into overdrive.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search