Doctors Debate 'Delayed Vaccine' Schedule

Forum: Choosing Not to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing Not to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 3rd, 2009, 05:18 PM
Tribeca's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Coldand...6531763&page=1

Quote:
Dr. Peter Hotez, professor and chairman of the department of microbiology and tropical medicine at The George Washington University, said recommending alternative vaccine guidelines to the public without any scientific evidence to support the safety and efficacy of such recommendations "makes no sense."[/b]
WTH? But injecting kids with multiple vaccines, including combo vaccines for which there have also been NO safety studies does make sense???

Quote:
Schaffner said that if parents are concerned about the safety of vaccines and the recommended vaccine schedule for their children, the best thing they can do to quell those fears is to educate themselves.[/b]
Um yes..That's what I did and that's why I choose to NOT vax at all!!

Quote:
Schaffner said. "The problem isn't with vaccine safety, because they've been exonerated from all the implications of autism and all the other illnesses associated with vaccines.[/b]
They have?? Gee I guess I didnt get the memo cause I think that more and more questions and concerns are coming to light

Quote:
So, the true solution would be confidence in [your] doctor's position and to try to get as much information as possible, and to allow that information to trump your anxiety."[/b]
So on one hand this guy says educate yourself, and then he tells you to just listen to your doctor and ignore all of your concerns. OOOOKKKAAYYYYYY

"An error can never become true however many times you repeat it. The truth can never be wrong, even if no one ever hears about it." Mahatma Gandhi
"Doctors put drugs of which they know little, into bodies of which they know less, for diseases of which they know nothing at all.” Voltaire
"A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth." Albert Einstein
January 3rd, 2009, 06:30 PM
Jewinjuwa's Avatar We walk by faith
Lovely. Follow your doctors sheep. Baaaaaa.
January 3rd, 2009, 08:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I enjoyed that last quote because my doctor doesn't seem to really know a lot about vaccines when I bring up what I have read, she just reverts back to "vaccines are needed, you should really re-consider what you are going!" Um, no thanks!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
January 5th, 2009, 04:44 PM
Tofu Bacon
Quote:
Dr. Peter Hotez, professor and chairman of the department of microbiology and tropical medicine at The George Washington University, said recommending alternative vaccine guidelines to the public without any scientific evidence to support the safety and efficacy of such recommendations "makes no sense."[/b]
Um, hello! There is no scientific evidence to support the safety and efficacy of the current schedule, either!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search