Log In Sign Up

new here but on the fence

Forum: Choosing Not to Vaccinate


Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing Not to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 30th, 2010, 08:15 PM
Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 932
im new to this board but not JM.
i have a 7yr old DD, 3yr old DSS and a 18month old adopted stepson(long story)
anyways, my DD has all her shots...which if i had been informed and actually knew i had a choice in the matter, i would have waited. my DSS has all his shots also, he was only 3when he got his first ones and 3 and a half when he got the last of them (his mom never got his shots, but it wasnt ecause she didnt want to she was just lazy) anyways, i didnt really think about not getting them at the time...now i regret it......my 18month old only has his 2month shots, he reacted to them and we have an apt. to get the next ones (we are going one by one) in jan. he only just got his 2month shots in sept.
I am VERY on the fence......but i have alot of support for not getting them, one of my daughters brownie friends mom is a friend of mine and she has really been talking to me about them.
not to mention both my youngest have special needs. youngest is not talking or walking yet, and my DSS has severe language delay.
anyways, i know that the states have different vaccines(i think) than canada, i know my daughter was born in NYC, and she had a couple there before we came up here that i went to make an apt up here for and she wouldnt be getting them til way later.
well thought i would say hi, still on the fence a bit but leaning more to not getting the rest done.

Reply With Quote
December 31st, 2010, 08:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 9,490
WELCOME! It's such a hard decision. My thought is this: You can always catch them up later (even at like age 10 if you wanted to wait that long) but you cannot undo vaccines. So my thought is to be SURE...not on the fence but SURE before you do any more....if you are positive that it's the right thing for your family and your situation then great...you are the only one who can make that choice....if you are still unsure...wait...research more and find out what your heart is trying to tell you.

HUGS and again, WELCOME to our board
Momma to Emma, Elzie, Gretchen, Olive, and Rogan

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0